Principal's Post | May 18, 2020
Greetings Jets Parents!
Welcome to week 6 of remote learning! I hope all of our Jets continue to be happy, healthy, and safe!
Parent Meetings This Week on Google Meet
We miss you and want to see you! Will you please join us for a brief (30 minute) parent meeting next week on Google Meet? We will talk about what to expect as a year draws to a close, like procedures for retrieving belongings, classroom celebrations, etc. as well as what we are doing to plan as we move into next year.
Because of specialized information for them, 5th Grade will meet as a grade-level while the rest of the school will meet by tracks. The schedule and links are below and can also be found on our website calendar.
- Track 1, Grades Kinder-4th: Wednesday at 5:00
- Track2 & Track 4, Pre-K-4th: Wednesday at 6:00
- Track 3, Kinder-4th: Thursday at 5:00
- 5th Grade: Thursday at 6:00
Memorial Day Weekend
Monday, May 25, is Memorial Day and a school holiday for both staff and students. There will be no remote learning activities and staff will not be available, as they will not be working that day.
Lunch with Livengood
Lunch with Livengood will continue on Mondays for 3-5 and Tuesdays for K-2 through the week of June 8. We have lots of fun - I hope your children will join us! Please ask your child's teacher for the code if you need it. We use the same one each week. Your child MUST be logged in to his/her WakeID in order to access the Meet. We will not have Lunch with Livengood on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25.
PTA News and Updates from your PTA President, Brittany Wells
- All BCES tracks are welcome to order their child(ren)'s school supplies through EduKit for the 2020-21 school year. Tracks 1, 2 & 3 families, please be advised that we have a short order window this year and the deadline is only 2 weeks away, on Sunday May 31. There will be no extra kits ordered this year for late orders so please don't forget to order now so you can enjoy the extra few weeks of summer this year at https://www.edukitinc.com/schools/1179 . For questions, please contact our BCES PTA School Supply chair, Kelly Monce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are very excited to announce the slate of officers for the 2020-21 school year. Save the date for our officer election that will take place at our Virtual General PTA Meeting on June 1st at 6:30pm. We will also be voting on 2 budgets that can be found at http://briercreekpta.org/upcoming-general-pta-meeting/ .
- President: Jeannie Sollars
- Vice President: Erin Lewis
- Treasurer: James Hales
- Secretary: Shelita Alston
- The Nominating Committee is continuing to seek volunteers for next year’s Board and Committees. Please email Andrea Bertole at email@example.com to learn more. You can find information about PTA roles at http://briercreekpta.org/2020-21-volunteer-opportunities/
I hope you have a wonderful week! Please reach out with questions or kudos to share!