Principal's Post | April 20, 2020
Greetings Jets Parents!
I hope each of you and your family is well. Overall, our first week of remote learning went well! We are still waiting to receive hotspots for some of our families, but we were able to distribute more Chromebooks this week. A special thank-you to Mr. Pinkney and Ms. Self who delivered some Chromebooks to some students’ homes who weren’t able to come to school. Our PTA, namely President Brittany Wells, also deserves a shout out for putting together and delivering another 100 bags of snacks and school supplies to students on Friday! And thank you to all of our families who are continuing to contribute items through the Amazon Wishlist. Other important information for you this week is below:
Help With Technology
Are you or your child experiencing technology issues while remote learning? Families can contact the WCPSS Help Desk directly by calling 919-694-8100 from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, weekdays. You can also go to the Help Desk website anytime.
T3/T4 Spring Picture Orders (from Strawbridge)
Due to the uncertainty of when schools will reopen, we wanted to provide you with instructions on how to purchase your child’s speculation package through our online system. Currently, Strawbridge is offering a one time, special offer to purchase your entire speculation package for just $22!
To order your pictures online, please follow these steps:
- Go to Strawbridge.net
- Click Order Pictures and Yearbooks
- Enter in your unique code where it says “Enter Your Order Code” (Your teacher will provide this code to you this week)
- Complete the step by step instructions to complete your order.
T3/T4 Class Pictures
We have not yet received information about distribution of the class pictures that were pre-paid, but will share that with you when it’s available.
Lunch with Livengood
The 3-5 Lunch with Livengood day has been changed to Mondays at 12:00 due to scheduling conflicts. We will continue these weekly throughout our closure. K-2 students will be each Tuesday at 12:00 and 3-5 students will be each Monday at 12:00. The code/nickname was sent via email and text message, or you can reach out to your child's teacher for it. Your child MUST be logged in to his/her WakeID in order to access the Meet.
Remote Learning Plan Updates
Please make sure to check our Remote Learning Plan site for updates and information about remote learning.
PTA News and Updates from your PTA President, Brittany Wells
- You may still purchase Yearbooks ($12.14)!! Time sensitive – April 24th: You need to purchase your yearbook by April 24th to receive free shipping to your home. Also, your free 2 page custom spread, needs to be completed this date. You can order a yearbook after the 24th but you will pay a shipping cost and you will not be able to have the custom pages in your book. The committee will turn on the “ship to home” feature on April 25th – remember to enter your home address between April 25-30th. Visit http://briercreekpta.org/yearbook/ for more information and links to order a Yearbook.
- Are you interested in helping make a difference at BCES? The nominations committee is searching for 3 people who are interested in being a PTA officer- President, Vice President, and Secretary. Our current VP and Secretary are finishing up their 2nd year in that office so can’t continue on in that roll. If you have an interest in one of these positions, or volunteering in another role please email Liz Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit http://briercreekpta.org/2020-21-volunteer-opportunities/ to find more information on where we need help.
- Would you like a FREE birthday party, brunch at the Carolina Inn, or tickets to go to the Greensboro Science Museum? These are only a few items that are in our FREE RAFFLE. Fill out the form on our website by Friday, May 1st with the 3 items you would like to win: http://briercreekpta.org/free-raffle/ .
I hope you have a wonderful week! Please reach out with questions or kudos to share!