Return to Headlines
Masks RECOMMENDED not Required Beginning 3/7
Beginning Monday, March 7th, masks will be RECOMMENDED but not required in schools for all staff, students, and visitors.
- Masks are RECOMMENDED in indoor public settings by all individuals (age 2 and older) in areas of high or substantial transmission.
- Masks optional at all athletic events effective immediately.
- Masks optional for all other extracurricular activities beginning Feb. 25 at 5 p.m.
- Masks are REQUIRED following being positive for COVID-19.
- Masks are RECOMMENDED after a COVID exposure.
- As of Feb. 25, masks are recommended but not required for students and staff on buses related to athletics, band, and co-curriculars.
- Beginning March 7, masks will be RECOMMENDED but not required on morning and afternoon bus runs and on vendor transportation.
What does this mean at Brentwood Magnet ES?
- We want to create an environment of RESPECT and CHOICE for all staff members and students. It is each person's choice to wear or not wear a mask. We will not tolerate any behavior that makes students feel intimidated or uncomfortable for their masking choice.
- If you want your child to wear a mask, you will need to have that conversation with your child. Teachers will NOT be responsible for which family wants their child to wear a mask or not. In addition, teachers will not be monitoring who chooses to wear a mask or not and then reporting this information back to families.
- Again, if you would like your child to wear a mask or not, you will need to have this conversation with your child.
- On Monday, March 7th, all teachers will be reviewing with students the guidance around masks being recommended and not required. The purpose of this is to emphasize with students the importance of establishing an environment of RESPECT and CHOICE for everyone. Please also discuss this information with your child prior to Monday, March 7th.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding this updated district guidance, please contact Ms. McKinley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 850-8720.
Melissa McKinley, Principal