October 10, 2021
Hope you had a great weekend! Please see information below for updates:
Important Dates to Remember
Monday, October 11= Teacher Workday - No School for Students
Thursday, October 14= Picture Day; Open House
Monday, October 25= End of Quarter 1
Wednesday, October 27 = Teacher Workday, Fall Conference Day
UPDATE: Teacher Workday - Monday, October 11
Reminder that there is no school for students on Monday, Oct. 11. All students will return to school on Tuesday, Oct. 12.
UPDATE: Open House - Thursday, October 14
We invite all of our Brentwood families to attend our Virtual Open House next Thursday, October 14.
Please click the following link to view the Open House Flyer.
UPDATE: Annual Title I Notice
Brentwood Magnet Elementary School receives federal funds for the Title I program. Please view the following video that provides information on understanding Title I and how it pertains to Brentwood.
Below are Brentwood’s Title I Family Engagement Documents:
Please review the information below and provide feedback on the form linked at the bottom of the page.
Brentwood Magnet Elementary Home-School Compact
BMES Family Engagement Policy
Families can provide feedback on our Home-School Compact and Family Engagement Policy at the following link: Family Feedback form
UPDATE: Upcoming Testing in 3rd and 4th Grade
Oct. 26: Read to Achieve Assessment for some 4th graders
Nov. 3-5: CogAT Assessment for all 3rd & 4th graders
UPDATE: Picture Day Coming Soon
Picture Day is coming! Strawbridge studios is our picture / yearbook company. Click the following link for more information on the upcoming Picture Day.
- 10/21/21 is Fall Picture Day for all students and staff. These pictures are the ones that will be used in the Yearbook. Each student will have their picture taken on this day.
- 12/2/21 is Fall Picture Day MAKE-UP for students and staff. This picture day is for those who were absent on the original picture day (10/21/21) or need a re-take. Only absent / retake pictures will be taken on this day.
- 2/16/22 is our Spring / Class Picture Day for students. This is an optional pre-paid picture day offered to our families.
Reminder: Important COVID Procedures and Protocols
Please make sure to refer to the Safe to School Plan for Families for all Health and Safety Guidelines.
All students should have their temperature taken every day at home before coming to school. You may not enter a WCPSS facility if you are:
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days and not fully vaccinated
- Instructed to quarantine
- Sick or experiencing any of these symptoms of illness
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
IMPORTANT: Please know that parents will be contacted if their child experiences any of the above symptoms while at school, and will need to be picked up.
COVID like symptoms will require a negative PCR test OR alternate diagnosis by a medical provider AND the student must have felt well and been fever free for 24 hours without medication to return. Please refer to the following link for more information:
REMINDER: Follow us on Social Media
Check out the wonderful things going on at Brentwood Magnet Elementary School of Engineering!
Thank you for your patience with us as we continue to receive updated district information. Again, we will communicate all of our plans for Brentwood once it is finalized.
Feel free to contact the school at (919)850-8720 if you have additional questions or contact your child’s teacher if you need any assistance.
We are Stronger Together!
Melissa McKinley, Principal