October 3, 2021
Hope you had a great weekend! Please see information below for updates:
Important Dates to Remember
Monday, October 11= Teacher Workday
Thursday, October 21= Picture Day
Monday, October 25= End of Quarter 1
UPDATE: Picture Day Coming Soon
Picture Day is coming! Strawbridge studios is our picture / yearbook company.
- 10/21/21 is Fall Picture Day for all students and staff. These pictures are the ones that will be used in the Yearbook. Each student will have their picture taken on this day.
- 12/2/21 is Fall Picture Day MAKE-UP for students and staff. This picture day is for those who were absent on the original picture day (10/21/21) or need a re-take. Only absent / retake pictures will be taken on this day.
- 2/16/22 is our Spring / Class Picture Day for students. This is an optional pre-paid picture day offered to our families.
Reminder: Important COVID Procedures and Protocols
Please make sure to refer to the Safe to School Plan for Families for all Health and Safety Guidelines.
All students should have their temperature taken every day at home before coming to school. You may not enter a WCPSS facility if you are:
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days and not fully vaccinated
- Instructed to quarantine
- Sick or experiencing any of these symptoms of illness
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
IMPORTANT: Please know that parents will be contacted if their child experiences any of the above symptoms while at school, and will need to be picked up.
COVID like symptoms will require a negative PCR test OR alternate diagnosis by a medical provider AND the student must have felt well and been fever free for 24 hours without medication to return. Please refer to the following link for more information: https://www.wcpss.net/WhenToReturn.
REMINDER: Follow us on Social Media
Check out the wonderful things going on at Brentwood Magnet Elementary School of Engineering!
Thank you for your patience with us as we continue to receive updated district information. Again, we will communicate all of our plans for Brentwood once it is finalized.
Feel free to contact the school at (919)850-8720 if you have additional questions or contact your child’s teacher if you need any assistance.
We are Stronger Together!
Melissa McKinley, Principal