December 6, 2020
GRACE, PATIENCE, and FLEXIBILITY
Hope you had a great weekend! As a reminder, all PreK-3 students will continue at school daily. Grades 4-5 Plan B students - Cohort C will return tomorrow, Monday, December 7th. Those students in grades 4-5 Plan B (Cohort A & B) will remain in remote instruction. If you have any specific questions please contact your child’s teacher.
Please see information below for updates:
Important Dates to Remember
The online Scholastic Book Fair continues this week for students.
Friday, December 11 = Remote Learning (Asynchronous) Day; all students will remain at
Monday, December 21- Teacher Workday
Tuesday, December 22 - Friday, January 1 = Winter Break (No school for students)
IMPORTANT: Virtual Academy Registration (December 2-9)
Virtual Academy registration is currently open from December 2-9.
PreK Virtual Academy Registration: https://virtualprekoption.wcpss.net/
Elementary Virtual Academy Registration: https://virtualacademyregistration.wcpss.net/
Families of students currently enrolled in a WCPSS Pre-K program who want to register their Pre-K student for a virtual learning option will receive specific information from their Pre-K teacher regarding that process. More information about Virtual Pre-K is available here.
This registration window will allow:
- Currently registered WCPSS Virtual Academy students the opportunity to return to in-person instruction during the spring semester;
- WCPSS Virtual Academy students registered for fall only to continue in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the spring semester; and
- Students who are not currently registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy the opportunity to register for the spring semester.
Students who are registered in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the entire year and who wish to remain registered for the spring semester do not need to take any action.
Students who are not currently registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy and who do not wish to register for the spring semester also do not need to take any action.
Parents who sign up for Virtual Academy for the Spring Semester are committing through the end of the school year. After Virtual Academy deadline, NO CHANGES WILL BE GRANTED.
REMINDER: Health Screenings
As a reminder, when arriving at school, all students will undergo a health screening before entering the school building.
- The health screening process contains two parts, a symptom-screening checklist and an on-site temperature check using a touchless thermometer.
- Carpool students will be screened in their vehicle
- Bus riders, daycares, special transportation & walkers will be screened at the front entrance.
- Individuals dropping off a student at school should not leave until the student has passed the health screening process.
- Any student who has a temperature of 100.4°F or higher will be rescreened again after 5 minutes to retake their temperature.
- In the event a student’s temperature remains above 100.4°F, parents will be notified to take student’s home.
- Please try to keep your windows down, and heat off when waiting in carpool for your child to be screened. This will ensure that we capture an accurate temperature of your child.
REMINDER: Plan B - 4th/5th Grade - Cohort B
4th-5th grade students assigned to Cohort C will return to school on Monday, December 7th..
Here is the calendar for when Plan B students will be in the building or working remotely.
REMINDER: Brentwood Afterschool Program
We will be partnering with Raleigh Parks and Recreation for our After School program. The program will be held on the Brentwood campus on school days from 3:00 - 6:00 for a cost.
The program strives to make available a high-quality program at a low cost. The goal is to include a variety of curriculum-based programs such as arts & crafts, fitness & nutrition, and homework assistance.
Registration is open and needs to be completed through Raleigh Parks and Rec. For more information and the registration process, please visit:
REMINDER: Follow us on Social Media
Check out the wonderful things going on at Brentwood Magnet Elementary School of Engineering!
Feel to reach out to me if you have additional questions or contact your child’s teacher if you need any assistance.
Thank you again for your GRACE, PATIENCE, and FLEXIBILITY.
Enjoy your week!
Melissa McKinley, Principal