November 29, 2020
GRACE, PATIENCE, and FLEXIBILITY
We are so excited to welcome back all of our students from the holiday break! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had the opportunity to relax and enjoy time with family. All PreK-3 students will return to school tomorrow. Grades 4-5 Plan B students - Cohort B will return as well. Those students in grades 4-5 Plan B (Cohort A & C) will remain in remote instruction. If you have any specific questions please contact your child’s teacher.
Please see information below for updates:
Important Dates to Remember
Monday, November 30 = Grades 4-5 Plan B students - Cohort B only return
All PreK-3 Plan B students in the building
Wednesday, December 2 = Remote Learning Asynchronous Day -
(All students remain at home)
Friday, December 4 = Interims go home
IMPORTANT: Virtual Academy Registration (December 2-9)
Virtual Academy registration opens this week. The registration windows for the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the spring semester of the 2020-21 school year have been updated and set. The window for elementary schools will be Dec. 2-9.
Families of students currently enrolled in a WCPSS Pre-K program who want to register their Pre-K student for a virtual learning option will receive specific information from their Pre-K teacher regarding that process. More information about Virtual Pre-K is available here.
This registration window will allow:
- Currently registered WCPSS Virtual Academy students the opportunity to return to in-person instruction during the spring semester;
- WCPSS Virtual Academy students registered for fall only to continue in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the spring semester; and
- Students who are not currently registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy the opportunity to register for the spring semester.
Students who are registered in the WCPSS Virtual Academy for the entire year and who wish to remain registered for the spring semester do not need to take any action.
Students who are not currently registered for the WCPSS Virtual Academy and who do not wish to register for the spring semester also do not need to take any action.
REMINDER: Plan B - 4th/5th Grade - Cohort B
4th-5th grade students assigned to Cohort B will return to school on Monday, November 30th.
Here is the calendar for when Plan B students will be in the building or working remotely.
UPDATE: Health Screenings
As a reminder, when arriving at school, all students will undergo a health screening before entering the school building.
- The health screening process contains two parts, a symptom-screening checklist and an on-site temperature check using a touchless thermometer.
- Carpool students will be screened in their vehicle
- Bus riders, daycares, special transportation & walkers will be screened at the front entrance.
- Individuals dropping off a student at school should not leave until the student has passed the health screening process.
- Any student who has a temperature of 100.4°F or higher will be rescreened again after 5 minutes to retake their temperature.
- In the event a student’s temperature remains above 100.4°F, parents will be notified to take student’s home.
- Please try and keep your windows down, and heat off when waiting in carpool for your child to be screened. This will ensure that we capture an accurate temperature of your child.
REMINDER: Brentwood Afterschool Program
We will be partnering with Raleigh Parks and Recreation for our After School program. The program will be held on the Brentwood campus on school days from 3:00 - 6:00 for a cost.
The program strives to make available a high-quality program at a low cost. The goal is to include a variety of curriculum-based programs such as arts & crafts, fitness & nutrition, and homework assistance.
Registration is open and needs to be completed through Raleigh Parks and Rec. For more information and the registration process, please visit:
REMINDER: Follow us on Social Media
Check out the wonderful things going on at Brentwood Magnet Elementary School of Engineering!
Feel to reach out to me if you have additional questions or contact your child’s teacher if you need any assistance.
Thank you again for your GRACE, PATIENCE, and FLEXIBILITY.
Enjoy your week!
Melissa McKinley, Principal