Principal Message # 4
Happy November to Wildwood Forest!
We have had a BUSY fall so far! October was full of learning and fun. I want to thank everyone who came out to the Fall Festival at Homestead. It was so much fun! We have a few important events coming up in November that I want to make you aware of:
1. Our Enchanted Forest Fall Scholastic Bookfair is coming up November 5-9th and setup on Friday. We are in desperate need for volunteers. If we do not have volunteers to run the time slots then we will not be able to open the bookfair at those times. Please take a look at the sign-up genius below.
2. Tuesday, Nov 6 will be a 2 hour delay. This is to accommodate voting crowds at schools that are voting precincts. Before school care will start at the same time- 7:00 am, however any student not in before school care should arrive at school at 10:45. There will be no breakfast this day.
3. Wednesday, Nov 7 and Nov 8 are important dates for you to make sure you have on your calendar. On November 7th we'll host K-2nd grade families and on November 8th, we'll host 3rd-5th grade families at our Academic Night. We will have childcare for students in grades K-5 in the cafeteria. You may drop your student off between 5:30-6:00pm. A light snack supper will be provided to students only. Parents will meet in homeroom teacher's classrooms at 6:00pm for an INCREDIBLE opportunity to learn how your student is doing as well as be provided strategies and materials to enhance their education at home.
4. Cookie Dough is being delivered on November 8. Please make sure you pick it up from Trailer 7 in the carpool loop anytime from 3:00-8:00pm.
5. Friday, Nov 9 we will be hosting a Veteran's Day Assembly. If you are a Veteran or are in th Active Military, we invite you to attend one or both of our Veteran's Day Assemblies. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend. The assemblies will be at 1:00 and 2:00 in our gymnasium. Please sign in the front office and let us know you are here for the assembly. Parents will be able to get a sneak peak of the performances that will be honoring our Veterans during our Academic Night. Due to space constraints, we ask that parents only attend the daytime assembly if they are Veteran, Active Military or accompanying one of these guest.
6. Monday, Nov 12, WCPSS is recognizing Veteran's Day. There will be no school on this day for students or staff.
7. Tuesday, Nov 20 is an Early Release Day. Students will be release from school at 1:15pm.
8. Wednesday Nov 21-23 is Thanksgiving Break. No school for students or staff.
Shew! That is a lot of information but what that means is we have a healthy and vibrant school community that cherishes supporting one another and time together! We look forward to seeing ALL of you this week at our Academic Night.
Wildwood Forest Principal