November 8, 2020
November 8, 2020
Greetings Hodge Families! It’s Principal Dorsey here with the Sunday Scoop.
As we gear up for next week, please be sure to note that Wednesday is the Veterans Day holiday. There is No School on Wednesday.
Hodge Road Elementary PTA Board would like to invite you to attend our first “virtual” PTA general membership meeting of the year on Monday, November 16th, at 6:15pm. Please be on the lookout for information being sent out via email and class dojo on how to join the Hodge Road PTA. Please mark your calendar for the first PTA general virtual meeting on Tuesday, November 17, at 6:15. All are encouraged to attend. The PTA is planning many exciting things for this year and they need your ideas and participation. Please join us!
Our next asynchronous learning day is November 18. Students will not report to the building. All students will learn remotely with teachers providing learning activities for the day.
Tomorrow we welcome back Cohort C, Plan B, students in PreK-3rd grade. As your child returns to in-person learning, please keep the following in mind:
- Arrival begins at 7:45. The tardy bell will ring at 8:15. The school day ends at 3:00.
- Visitors are not permitted to enter the building under Plan B. Kindergarten and first grade teachers will meet all of their students outside and walk them to the classroom each day next week.
- All students must undergo a health screening prior to entering the building. The screening includes a series of questions and a temperature check. If you are bringing your child to school, you may assist in answering the questions for your child.
- Student must wear a mask to enter the building and throughout the day.
- Students are not permitted to drink from the water fountain. Students encouraged to bring a water bottle to school with their name on it.
- Students are to bring their school supplies in a bag with their name labeled on it.
- Students need to bring their district provided device and charger to school each day. If your child is using a personal device, you may choose to send it or not.
Let’s make next week a great week of learning and let’s continue to be Hodge Road Strong!