November 1, 2020
Greetings Hodge Families! It’s Principal Dorsey here with your Sunday Scoop.
Please note that Tuesday, November 3, is an asynchronous learning day for all students. This means that Cohort B and all virtual students will complete learning activities provided by the teacher. There will be no live instruction on asynchronous learning days.
The 2020-2021 Hodge Road Elementary PTA Board would like to invite you to attend our first “virtual” PTA general membership meeting of the year on Monday, November 16th, at 6:15pm. Please be on the lookout for information being sent out via email and class dojo on how to join the Hodge Road PTA and the link for the meeting. We look forward to have a wonderful year!
On Monday, we will welcome Cohort B back into the building. Please keep the following in mind:
- Arrival begins at 7:45. The tardy bell will ring at 8:15. The school day ends at 3:00.
- Visitors are not permitted to enter the building under Plan B. Kindergarten and first grade teachers will meet all of their students outside and walk them to the classroom each day next week.
- All students must undergo a health screening prior to entering the building. The screening includes a series of questions and a temperature check. If you are bringing your child to school, you may assist in answering the questions for your child.
- Student must wear a mask to enter the building and throughout the day.
- Students are not permitted to drink from the water fountain. Students encouraged to bring a water bottle to school with their name on it.
- Students are to bring their school supplies in a bag with their name labeled on it.
Students need to bring their district provided device and charger to school each day. If your child is using a personal device, you may choose to send it or not.
We are looking forward to welcoming Cohort B back to school tomorrow. If your child is in Cohort A, they will engage in remote learning next week. If your child is in grades 4 or 5 grade or in Virtual Academy, learning will continue as it has in the past. If there are any schedule changes, your child’s teacher will reach out, most likely through Class Dojo.
Let’s make it a great week as we continue to be Hodge Road Strong.