Return to Headlines
5-17-20 Weekly Message for Seniors
5-17-20 Weekly Message:
- We have lots of fun and exciting things planned for our Senior Celebration Parade on May 20th from 8:00 - 10:00 pm. If your family wishes to drop off signs to support the Class of 2020, they can do so on Monday, May 18th from 9-12 pm. Please remember that families can only submit ONE sign that is specific to their child. All others need to support all seniors.
- Watching the weather: We will be tracking the weather closely this week. Current weather forecasts indicate a high likelihood of rain on Wednesday evening. Since rainfall would significantly dampen our festivities, we may need to postpone the Senior Parade to Friday evening. I will make a decision on Tuesday, so stay tuned.
- Book Return: Seniors are reminded to turn in their textbooks and library books to avoid receiving fines. We place a book drop at the front entrance to the school everyday from 7 am - 3 pm.
- Cap & Gown, Honor Tassels, and Honor Patches: We handed out hundreds of Cap & Gowns, Honor Tassels, and Honor Patches last Thursday and Friday. If you missed the chance to pick yours up, please call the front office and leave a message so that we can schedule a time.
- Where do I place my honor patch? If you are an honor graduate (Cumme Laude, Magna Cumme Laude, or Summa Cumme Laude) you should have received an honor tassel and an honor patch. The honor jumbo tassel should be worn on your cap, instead of your traditional green and white one. The honor patch should be stuck on your graduation stole 1 inch above the “2020.” The patch has a self-adhesive backing, so you DO NOT need to iron it onto your stole.
- Cary High School’s Virtual Graduation is scheduled to air on June 10, 2020 at 8 pm. We will send out information about accessing the link stream link closer to the date.
- Diploma Pick-up Event: Thursday, June 11th (Last Names A-L) & Friday, June 12th (Last Names M-Z)
- Senior Name Pronunciation Form: Some parents/students have reported issues with the earlier link that I sent out for students to share phonetic spellings of their names. If you’ve been unable to access the form, please try using this alternative link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdokGExeyEHE8vqctQEQnq13qft4JfPYC_eda8FskGRUBI5LA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Does your student have money left over in their lunch account. Are you interested in donating it to help feed the needy students in Wake County. Or, maybe you want to transfer the balance to a younger sibling. If so, please complete and submit the form found at the link below. https://www.wcpss.net/cms/lib/NC01911451/Centricity/Domain/1047/SY19%20School%20Meal%20Account%20Balance%20Options.pdf. At the top write “For: Emergency Feeding Fund” if you wish to donate it.