Return to Headlines
2-24-2020 Weekly Message
This week at Cary High:
- All juniors will take the ACT on Tuesday, February 25th. The school will operate on a modified bell schedule that day which will shift our lunch break to 12:18-1:06.
- Cary High School will hold its annual Rising 9th Grade Open House and Curriculum Night on Thursday, February 27th from 5:30-8:00 pm. The Open House will begin with a Club and Activities Fair in the gymnasium. See more details at this link. Upperclassmen are invited to attend from 7-8 pm to learn about AP courses and other speciality programs at our school.
- Congratulations to our Culinary Academy Team for winning 2nd place at this year's North Carolina Prostart Competition in Charlotte, NC.
- Congratulations to Ms. Ashley Whitesides, our Culinary Academy Coordinator and Instructor on being named the 2020 NC Educator of Excellence Award recipient. The NRAEF ProStart National Educator of Excellence Award recognizes educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom. These educators embody passion, commitment, and creativity in all aspects of the ProStart program to help their students make the most of opportunities that ProStart offers. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
- Congratulations to the Cary High School Wrestling on winning the Tri-8 Conference Championship. Four members of our team qualified for the Individual State Tournament this past weekend. Paul Grena finished 8th in the state, Ryan Wolfram finished 3rd, Rylan Vann finished 2nd, and Kobe Early finished 1st place in their respective weight classes. Kobe Early was also named Most Outstanding Wrestler in the state tournament and he closes out his high school career as our all-time winningest wrestler with a four year record of 198-1.
- Calling all 12th grade parents!!! Don’t forget to purchase your Senior Yard Sign to show how proud you are of our student. This is the last week to order one and the cost is $15. Please print and return the form located at this link: (https://www.wcpss.net/cms/lib/NC01911451/Centricity/Domain/142/CLASS%20OF%202020%20Yard%20Signs.pdf) to the main office.
- Our Baseball team is now conducting their annual landscape fundraiser. They will be selling the following items: Gift Cards to Garden Supply Co., Hardwood or Pine Bark, MulchDyed RED or Cedar Mulch, Pine Straw Bales. Please contact a Baseball Player or our coach (email@example.com) if you would like to place an order. The fundraiser ends March 13th.