10-28-19 Weekly Message
- Congratulations to the Cary High Marching Band on their exceptional performance at this weekend’s Bands of America Regional Competition in Lynchburg, Virginia. Their amazing show earned them a spot in the finals, where they finished in 9th place for the region.
- The 61st Annual Cary Band Day will be held in Cooper Stadium this coming Saturday from 10 am - 11 pm. Come out to the stadium to enjoy the performance of 38 different high bands from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Thursday, October 31st, is now a school day for students. Students are discouraged from wearing their costumes to school. If they choose to dress up, they must not wear masks or make-up that covers their face. For safety purposes, we must be able to see their entire face.
- Friday, November 1st, will be a Teacher Workday. Teachers will be engaged in professional development that morning.
- Check out the new articles contained in our online school newspaper, “The Page.” You can access this document at https://chsthepage.com/
- Congratulations to our Visual Arts Department for earning 2nd place at the NC State Fair in the High School division.
- Congratulations to Alex Niculescu on being named a National Merit Semi-finalist.
- A Message from Our Career Development Coordinator, John Evans:
I am hoping to hold a financial literacy event for the seniors at CHS called the Reality of Money on December 5th 2019. The Reality of Money is a community outreach program created by SECU and offered to schools as a collaborative learning experience on financial literacy. The Reality of Money activity gives students a “peek” into the future as they are “transformed” into adults with jobs, debt, families and other real world responsibilities. During the simulation students move through multiple expense stations where volunteers assist them in making every day financial decision to make it to their next payday. This is an event that is hosted at many of the high schools around the state/county and has proven to be very impactful to the students. I have attached an information sheet that gives more information on the Reality of Money simulation.
We need volunteers to help us educate our students on the importance of making smart choices with their money. If you have paid bills and/or managed a household budget you are more than qualified to volunteer for this activity. I have created a Sign Up Genius to make it easy to sign up for the event. Feel free to pass this along to your neighbors and friends. I hope you are able to help us out.
Click here to sign up