Weekly Message May 10-14, 2021
Thank you, PTSA, CFLEX parents, and students, for celebrating our faculty and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week. We felt the love that you extended! Your unwavering support has helped us make it to this point during such an unpredictable school year. You are the best!
Class of 2021 Parent/Student Information Night: Monday, May 10 at 6:30 p.m. Crossroads FLEX will host an information night for seniors and their parents to review the information contained in the Senior Bulletin. The link to join the session is in the Senior Bulletin. Please plan to attend this event to hear an overview of all things related to seniors and to answer any questions you may have.
Post-Secondary Celebration Day: On May 13, All seniors are invited to participate in a Post-Secondary Signing Day. Wear your post-secondary apparel to represent your post-secondary plans and “sign” your commitment to the next big phase of life.
Sign up here to participate in the Post-Secondary Signing Day. Time slots are available throughout the day.
Remote Learning: Thursday, May 13, is a remote learning day.
AP Testing: Students and parents of students taking AP Exams, please review the email sent by Ms. Sharpe Friday, May 7, regarding the upcoming testing window. There are several steps outlined in the email that students must complete to be prepared to take their exams. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Sharpe at email@example.com.
Quarter 4 Interim: The week of May 10 marks the midpoint of the fourth quarter for all courses taught by Crossroads FLEX teachers. Grades in Power School will be up-to-date to reflect the fourth quarter interim grade by the end of the day on Thursday, May 13. Please visit the PowerSchool parent portal to review your student’s progress report grade.
NC Virtual Courses: May 18, 2021, is quickly approaching. This will be the final day for NC Virtual courses. Students should complete any missing work that the NC Virtual teacher is still accepting through May 18.
I have finished my NC Virtual course(s). Now what?
Students taking a NC Virtual course that requires an EOC exam or CTE assessment should continue studying in these courses to ensure that they are prepared for exams in June. Students are encouraged to reach out to NC Virtual teachers for additional support and guidance as needed.
Having difficulty connecting with the NC Virtual instructor now that the course is over? Reach out to the CFLEX staff and share your needs. We will help you find answers to your questions.
Rising Senior Night: Current Juniors and parents/guardians of current Juniors, please plan to attend Rising Senior Night on Wednesday, May 19 at 6:30 p.m. Ms. Sharpe will present information on what to start working on this summer, the timeline for applying to college, and all post-secondary plans for your student. This presentation will be held via Zoom. You will receive an email with a Zoom link the day before or the day of the presentation. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Sharpe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Semester Final Exam Schedule: Friday, June 4 through Thursday, June 10. All students taking a course that requires a state End-of-Course exam or CTE assessment must take their exam. These exams will be administered in person.
Click here to view the Spring Final Exam schedule. View last week’s bulletin for more detailed information about exams.
2021-2022 Crossroads FLEX Intention Form(repeat): Due by May 17
Crossroads FLEX will continue its usual model as a hybrid/blended learning school for students. Our mission and vision have not changed; therefore, we will continue to be flexible when creating students' schedules to the greatest extent possible. This means that Crossroads FLEX will offer a combination of in-person and remote (synchronous and asynchronous) learning environments.
To assist administration with planning and scheduling courses for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete the linked form for each student in your household attending Crossroads FLEX to indicate their instructional preference, daily availability for classes, and technology needs. To help us better plan and schedule courses for the 2021-2022 school year, ALL Crossroads FLEX families are required to complete this form.
- Crossroads FLEX is not a 100% online learning school. We are committed to teaching core content courses at Crossroads FLEX. Students will be enrolled in Crossroads FLEX taught courses whenever the master schedule and their pursuit schedule allow. Elective and AP courses are primarily taught by NC Virtual.
- Based on staffing and content courses offered at Crossroads FLEX, students may be engaged in a combination of learning environments. The offering of each course will be subject to sufficient minimum student registration and adequate staffing, and other required resources. In many cases, students taking NC Virtual courses will be assigned a support session with a Crossroads FLEX teacher to help them navigate the NC Virtual course.
- Current Juniors: Please submit a copy of your immunizations, showing the Meningitis vaccination before the start of school in August, via email to email@example.com (attn: Jennifer Wilkerson) or you may also fax it to 919-589-6714.
- End-of-Year Materials Update(repeat): Students returning to any WCPSS school will keep their currently checked-out Chromebooks. This means that seniors and students who are transferring to a school out of WCPSS must return their Chromebooks before the end of the school year.
- All hotspots must be collected by the end of the school year. Students will be able to continue using the hotspots during the administration of at-home exams.
- AP textbooks, calculators, and other Crossroads FLEX items checked out to students will be collected before the close of school. A date to return material is forthcoming.
- Class Meeting: Students mark your calendars for the May Class Meeting.
- Tuesday, May 18, 12:00-12:30 p.m.: 9 & 10 grade
- Wednesday, May 19, 2:30-3:00 p.m.: 11 & 12 grade
- Friday, May 21, 8:00-8:30 a.m.: Make-up session