Explorer Express for 10/26/21
Teacher Workday Tomorrow 10/27 - No School
Wednesday is a Teacher Workday and there is NO SCHOOL for all students.
WES PTA Fun Run on Thursday
Fun Run Thursday, 10/28
The schedule for this year’s event is attached. Please send in-person students wearing sneakers and with their water bottles!
Unfortunately, we are unable to host families for this year’s Fun Run. Multiple classes will be traveling to and from the field every 30 minutes, and we ask that families only come to school through the carpool loop if needed (i.e. appointments).
Virtual Academy students will be running the Fun Run at home at the same time as their class, which is listed on the schedule. VA students are welcome to send a short video clip to their teacher to share their Fun Run.
Teachers will be sharing photos and videos with their families!
Thank you for your amazing support throughout the WES PTA Fundraiser!
VA Material Pickup
Tomorrow, Wednesday, 10/27 from 11:00-1:00, VA families can drive through the bus loop to pick up their Quarter 2 materials. Students will need these materials for work throughout the next quarter. Families can also pick up Fun Run materials if you were not able to get them yet.
WES School Spirit Day Friday: Disney Day
Please join WES students and staff for our next school spirit day this Friday, Disney Day. Students are encouraged to wear clothing items (shirts, hats, hoodies, Mickey Ears) that are Disney related (including Marvel, Star Wars, & Disney Characters.) Please note, this is not for day for costumes all Jedi's need to leave their lightsabers (and other toys) at home.
Carpool Updates & Procedures Returning for 2nd Quarter
Now that the First Quarter of the school year is over, we are returning to some of our typical carpool procedures that we follow as a WCPSS Elementary School. As a staff, we are also working to continuously improve carpool flow while maintaining all safety requirements.
Here are updated procedures for families that will begin by November 1:
- Families must remain in their vehicles when dropping off or picking up students
- Families should work with their children to practice buckling and unbuckling seat belts on their own
- In the morning, students should exit their cars on the right side, onto the sidewalk, for safety purposes
- Upon arrival, students should be prepared to exit the vehicle as they pull up to the curb (masks on, backpacks zipped up, lunch boxes/water bottles in hand)
- Cars must only turn right out onto Olde Weatherstone Way when exiting the carpool loop in the afternoon
Thank you in advance for your support and helping us to make the carpool loop a safe and orderly experience for students, families, and staff.
WES Book Fair 2021
Lions, Tigers, and BOOKS OH MY!: Scholastic Book Fair November 4-19
Students who are here at school will have an opportunity to preview the fair and create a wish list to bring home to families to share on November 4-10. They will then have an opportunity to purchase books from Nov. 15-19 at noon during a scheduled visit with their class. Due to safety restrictions we will not be able to allow parents to join their child during their buying time as we have done in years past.
We ask that you set up an eWallet so that students have a contactless way to pay for their books. We will accept cash but we strongly encourage you to set up an ewallet to keep contacts at a minimum. You can find information on how to set up your child's eWallet at our schools fair website at: bit.ly/ewalletWES
Other Ways to Shop:
Online shopping with free shipping to your home with purchases over $25 at bit.ly/ewalletWES
Family Shopping Night: Tuesday, November 16 4:30 - 7pm
Please use the sign up genius link below to join us for this event. We are limiting people per time slot to help with spacing while indoors to this fun event. (There will be 20 families during each time period.)
PJ & B: Pajamas and Bedtime Stories Virtual Event: November 8th 7-8pm
Join us for a special Virtual Family Night at bit.ly/WESfair WES teachers will be reading aloud some of the featured Scholastic Books from our Fall Fair. So, get your comfy cozies on and snuggle in for some great stories before bedtime.
Before & After School Program for 2021-2022
Our school offers before and after school options for families needing student care before (7:00AM - 8:45AM) and after (4:00PM-6:00PM) normal school operating hours.
Registration is ongoing throughout the school year. The registration packet can be found here:
Questions about the programs can be directed to:
Before School: Rod Mulford email@example.com
After School: Nancy Navecky firstname.lastname@example.org
WCPSS & WES COVID-19 Reminders
- If your student experiences any symptoms of illness, please keep them home and reach out to your teacher (Talking Points text or email) or the Main Office (919-380-6988) to let them know. We will follow up with you to explain the return to school protocols and options.
- Any student who experiences a symptom listed on the WCPSS COVID-19 Response Site must remain home and follow the Return to School Guidelines
News from the WES PTA
Fall Campus Clean Up
Join the PTA at Weatherstone Elementary School for a FALL CAMPUS CLEAN UP DAY- all family members welcome.
Join us anytime on the upcoming Teacher Workday, Tuesday 11/2, between 3pm and 5pm. Bring what tools you can from home (see the sign up description for items needed).
We appreciate any amount of time you can donate; even if it’s an hour, we'll take it!
This is just a reminder that families and students can still purchase WES T-shirts, 11/1/21 is the deadline.
Buy your 2021-2022 WES Spirit Wear HERE
- 27- Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL for students
- 27- VA Material Pick up for Q2 (11:00-1:00)
- 28- WES Fun Run
- 29- WES Fun Run Rain Date
- 29- Spirit Day:Disney Day
- 1- WES Spirit Wear Order Deadline
- 2- Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL for students
- 2- Fall Campus Cleanup Day
- 4-19- WES Book Fair
- 8- Pajamas & Bedtime Stories Virtual Event, 7-8 PM
- 11- NO SCHOOL- Veterans Day Holiday
- 12- NO SCHOOL for students
- 16- Family Shopping Night for Book Fair, 4:30-7 PM
- 24-26- NO SCHOOL- Thanksgiving Break