Explorer Express for 10/17/21
WES & WES PTA Fun Run Starts Monday
Pledging Starts Monday, 10/18
Fun Run Event Thursday, 10/28
Please see the attached flier for more information!
This year our event will take place on campus for in-person students and virtually for VA students. Each class will have their own Fun Run Track to provide a safe and fun socially distanced event for our students!
Weatherstone Celebrates Unity Day!
On Wednesday Oct. 20 we are asking that all staff and students wear ORANGE to support National UNITY Day.
UNITY DAY: A day to stand together against bullying — we unite for kindness, acceptance and inclusion. What are your true colors when it comes to bullying? If you care about safe and supportive schools and communities make your color ORANGE on Unity Day. That’s the day everyone can come together – in schools, communities, and online – and send one large ORANGE message of support, hope, and unity to show that we are together against bullying and united for kindness, acceptance and inclusion. Individuals across the nation, and even world-wide, can participate in Unity Day.
Before & After School Program for 2021-2022
Our school offers before and after school options for families needing student care before (7:00AM - 8:45AM) and after (4:00PM-6:00PM) normal school operating hours.
Registration is ongoing throughout the school year. The registration packet can be found here:
Questions about the programs can be directed to:
Before School: Rod Mulford email@example.com
After School: Nancy Navecky firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
- The safety of our students is important to us and we want to thank our Weatherstone Community for following the procedures listed in the link above.
- Carpool students should exit cars from the right side (onto the sidewalk) in order to maintain safety.
- Families will need to turn right out of the carpool lane and cannot turn left onto Olde Weatherstone Way.
WCPSS & WES COVID-19 Reminders
- If your student experiences any symptoms of illness, please keep them home and reach out to your teacher (Talking Points text or email) or the Main Office (919-380-6988) to let them know. We will follow up with you to explain the return to school protocols and options.
- Any student who experiences a symptom listed on the WCPSS COVID-19 Response Site must remain home and follow the Return to School Guidelines
Counseling & Student Services (CASS) Newsletter
CASS Newsletter October 2021, Vol. 1
- Unity Day
- National Bully Prevention Month
- Zones of Regulation
- Absence Notes
- Book Nook
- Alliance Health Bridge to Service Program
News from the WES PTA
WES Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A! THIS TUESDAY
Take a night off from cooking and pick up dinner from Chick-Fil-A. Part of the proceeds will go to WES PTA! Please mention WES when ordering. Chick-Fil-A at Stone Creek Village – 100 Valleystone Drive Cary, NC 27519. Tuesday, October 19 from 5:00-8:00pm.
Chat with Chadwick!!
Mr. Chadwick and Mrs. Thomas will be available to answer your WES questions. Friday, October 22 at 9:30 or at 12:00. Feel free to come to either time or both! The meeting will be virtual. Please complete the Google form HERE to let us know which virtual session you will attend and your email address. The link to the specific meeting will be emailed to the email address you provide. Questions? Email email@example.com
This is just a reminder that families and students can still purchase WES T-shirts, 11/1/21 is the deadline.
Buy your 2021-2022 WES Spirit Wear HERE
Join the WES PTA
Don’t forget to join the PTA! Anyone can join! Memberships must be purchased each year! You can join the PTA and not come to any meetings! The PTA supports all teachers and all students at WES.
Join the WES PTA HERE
- 18-28- WES PTA & APEX Leadership Fun Run Event
- 18- WES PTA Fun Run Pep Rally Video
- 19- PTA Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A Valley Stone Dr, 5:00-8:00
- 20- Unity Day Wear Orange
- 22- Chat with Chadwick (9:30 AM or 12:00 PM)
- 25- End of First Quarter
- 27- Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL for students
- 28- WES Fun Run
- 29- WES Fun Run Rain Date
- 1- WES Spirit Wear Order Deadline
- 2- Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL for students
- 11- NO SCHOOL- Veterans Day Holiday
- 24-26- NO SCHOOL- Thanksgiving Break