Explorer Express First Day of School Reminders
Dear Weatherstone Families,
The WES Staff enjoyed hosting students and families last week both virtually and in-person. We look forward to the First Day of School and all of the excitement it brings! Families, please take a moment to review the following information:
- Arrival/Dismissal Procedures for Families
- The safety of our students is important to us and we want to thank our Weatherstone Community for following the procedures listed in the link above.
- Please note that as a large elementary school, during arrival and dismissal times, we are unable to accommodate families that park their vehicles and walk up to the front doors.
- Our school begins dismissing students at 3:45. For the safety of all of our students, we are unable to dismiss any students between 3:15 and 3:45. Families who arrive at the school after 3:15, will be asked to enter the carpool lane.
- We do expect that the first two weeks of school will take longer as students and families learn the routines. Thank you for your patience during these times.
- WCPSS COVID-19 Response Site & WES Procedures
- Every day during our WES Morning News we will remind students of the importance of following the 3Ws on campus, Washing our Hands, Waiting Socially Distant Apart from Others, and Wearing a Mask
- Whenever WES students will be eating, students will be either outdoors, in their own classroom, or spaced in the cafeteria (2-3 students to a table) with at least 6 feet from other classes.
- At the beginning of the year during outdoor times such as recess, classes will be separated to promote social distancing. We will have assigned play areas and rotate stations.
- WES Staff are updating plans to address student learning in the event of extended absences due to quarantine. These plans will include an opportunity to check in daily with a staff member virtually. Detailed information will be shared to families as needed.
Kindergarten Staggered Entry Dates (Based on Student Last Name)
As a reminder, all WCPSS Kindergarten Students will only attend school 1 day, during the first week. Weatherstone kindergarten students will attend either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. All Kindergarten students will then come together for the first time on Monday, August 30th.
- Monday, August 23rd- Last Names A-G
- Tuesday, August 24th- Last Names H-P
- Wednesday, August 25th- Last Names Q-Z
Vaccinations, Health Assessments & Medications
- All families are reminded that all new students to WES (both the in-person and Virtual Academy students) are required to have completed and updated immunizations and Health Assessments. Students whose documentation is not complete will be excluded from school (in person and/or online) after the first 30 days.
- Students with medications will need to have an adult bring the medication and a signed 1702 Form to the front office before returning to school. (Please call the front office to schedule an appointment to drop off the medication and form.)
- Links to the 1702 Form:
School Supply Lists
Check out our Weatherstone School Supply List as you start to prepare for the 2021-22 school year. We have created a K-2 list and a 3-5 list. The supply list is also posted on our school website.
Sign-ups for Before & After School Care for 2021-2022
We are excited to open back up our Before & After School Programs for the 2021-2022 School Year. The registration packet can be found here:
The registration fee(s) can be paid via check or money order only at school ($15 for 1 program/$30 for 2 programs per child). Monthly payments can then be made online starting in August.
Questions about the programs can be directed to:
Before School: Rod Mulford email@example.com
After School: Nancy Navecky firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Website Information and Links
Beginning with the 2021-2022 School year all K-12 students will be assigned a Chromebook from WCPSS.
This site provides updates from WCPSS about the new school year. This includes information on Vaccination sites for North Carolinians age 12 and over, When to stay home, Face Covering Requirements, and general information about how WCPSS is addressing COVID-19.
- When Students Can Return to Campus After COVID-19 Diagnosis, Exposure, or Illness
- WCPSS Reported COVID-19 Cases on Campus Link
Weatherstone Elementary School offers Breakfast and Lunch Meals for our students.
For the 2021-2022 school year, meals are free for all children in school. However, we encourage eligible families to apply for Free/Reduced Meals. (During the the last school year, eligible families who completed the application also received additional benefits from the State of NC.)
WCPSS posted the 2021-2022 Bus Routes for our school on August 13th. They are found here.
Weatherstone PTA Information
THE WES PTA NEEDS YOU!
Even though we may not physically be in the school this year, the WES PTA is still actively supporting the WES administration, teachers, and students this year!
DID YOU KNOW….
- Anyone can join…Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, etc. can join and support the PTA!
- WES Teachers and Principals join the WES PTA!
- PTA membership must be renewed annually!
- When you join the PTA, you do NOT have to come to meetings or volunteer.
- You can follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherstonePTA
- Join online: https://weatherstone.memberhub.store/
- Submit this completed form and your check made out to WES PTA to the PTA box located in the front of the school
- Spirit Wear Ordering information (Order here)
- 23- First Day of School
- 23-25- Kindergarten Staggered Entry (K students attend 1 day ONLY)