March 14th WFMS Family Message
Visite el enlace a continuación para acceder al mensaje familiar de WFMS de esta semana en Español. Gracias.
Good afternoon WFMS Families,
Below are updates and announcements for the week of 3/15 - 3/19.
Plan B In-Person Learning
Cohort 3/C will be in-person this week (3/15 - 3/19) for their instruction. All other students will access classes through remote learning. There is no asynchronous or teacher workday scheduled for this week, so all students should access classes every day. Dates for upcoming in-person learning for each cohort are listed below.
Cohort 3/C (March 15 - 19)
Cohort 1/A (March 22 - 26, March 24th is an Asynchronous Day)
Spring Break (March 27th - April 6th - includes calendar out & teacher workday)
Cohort 2/B (April 7th - 9th)
End of 3rd Quarter
The end of the 3rd quarter is on Thursday, March 25th. Please check PowerSchool with your child for missing assignments and reach out to teachers with any questions you have concerning your student’s grades. Students should work to turn in any missing assignments as soon as possible.
Spring sports will begin on March 22nd. If you have not yet turned in your student's paperwork, Wednesday, March 17th is the last day it will be accepted. This is for spring sports. Mrs. Lassiter will reach out to you through TalkingPoints and your student through email when it's their turn to come in for sports.
If your student is virtual, we ask that you do not arrive on campus prior to 2:30 each day. This will ensure there is no delay with afternoon carpool dismissal.
Email Mrs. Lassiter (email@example.com), our athletics director, for any questions.
WFMS Book Fair
We are excited to announce that the WFMS Book Fair runs Monday March 15 through Fri. March 26th. This will be a "cashless" book fair, so all purchases will need to be made using the Scholastic ewallet. Set up your ewallet here.
Students who are in the building during the weeks of the book fair will attend the book fair with their ELA teachers. All families are welcome to attend the Family Days on Thurs. March 18th from 3:00-6:00 and Wed. March 24th from 12:00-6:00. To maintain the safest environment, we are asking you to sign up for a time to attend the Family Days. Please sign up here. If you would like to preview the contents of the book fair with your child, you can watch the video.
Free Workshops - Stress Management, Wellness, & Keeping Kids Safe
WCPSS offers free wellness workshops that focus on helping students and families during this challenging time. Topics available include Circle Connections, keeping kids emotionally and physically safe, stress management and wellness skills, and a Virtual Parent Summit. These workshops can help families learn about emotional support strategies being used in our schools, which can also benefit families at home. Learn more.
8th Grade Students Attending Wakefield High School Next Year
If you are an 8th grader attending Wakefield High School in the 21-22 school year, please take a moment to visit the Wakefield Arts 2021-2022 overview as you register for classes.
Counselor’s Corner (Week of 3/15 - 3/19)
This week’s update includes information about the following topics. Details about the below topics can be found in the Counselor's Corner.
- Counselor Office Hours for this week – a great time to call in to chat and ask questions. RESET is available to all grade levels on Wednesday from 2:30-3:15 with Ms. Purnell. Explore mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
- High School Registration is complete. If you have not registered for your high school classes, you will need to reach out to Mr. Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also find information about registration on the Student Services Website. If a student misses the registration window and make-up days, a schedule will be created for that student.
- Restorative Practice and Community-Building Circles - The Circle is a facilitated dialogue process that is INVITATIONAL. It allows participants to share openly and encourages connections and deepening relationships. Learn how to use these skills at home - English flyer; Spanish flyer
- Virtual Family Academy Parent Workshops – This WCPSS program provides families with the necessary academic tools to support the success of their child’s education. See what’s offered: Family Academy Facebook Live Parent Workshops Calendar (en Español)
- WCPSS Parent Information Sessions include Restorative Practice and Community-Building Circles (English flyer; Spanish flyer)
Papa Murphy’s Spirit Night
When purchasing pizza from Papa Murphy’s this year on dates other than our spirit nights, we encourage you to order online and use the code LOVE. By doing so, WFMS will receive a percentage of your purchase as a donation to our school.
We encourage you to share this information with friends and family who live or work in the Wake Forest area and let them know they can support our school this way at Papa Murphy’s. Our next spirit night will be March 25th and we hope you will come out to support us on that day.
WCPSS Family Message
The Wake County Public School System shares messages each week. Messages were shared this week on March 9th and March 11th.. To view these or any previous district messages, please visit the WCPSS website.
Dr. Bradford’s WFMS Weekly Family Messages
If you have missed a previous family message from Dr. Bradford, all messages are located on the Wake Forest Middle School website on the Principal’s Message page.
WFMS Social Media
Families who have social media are encouraged to follow WFMS on Twitter (@wakeforestms), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/WakeForestMS), and Instagram (@wakeforestms) for updates.