March 7th WFMS Family Message
Visite el enlace a continuación para acceder al mensaje familiar de WFMS de esta semana en Español. Gracias.
Good afternoon WFMS Families,
Below are updates and announcements for the week of 3/8 - 3/12.
Plan B In-Person Learning
Cohort 2/B will be in-person this week (3/8 - 3/12) for their instruction. All other students will access classes through remote learning. This Friday, March 12th is a teacher workday. Students will not access their classes on this day (remote or in-person). There is no asynchronous day this week. Dates for upcoming in-person learning for each cohort are listed below.
Cohort 2/B (March 8 - 12, March 12th is a Teacher Workday )
Cohort 3/C (March 15 - 19)
Cohort 1/A (March 22 - 26, March 24th is an Asynchronous Day)
Quarter 4 Math Material Distribution Only
Distribution for Quarter 4 Math Workbooks for students enrolled in Math 6, Math 6+, Math 7, Math 7+, and Math 8 will be held on Friday, March 12th from 8am - 2pm. Please drive through the carpool lane and pull up near the Media Center. It is important that you know your students math course so that you receive the correct materials. If students are attending in person learning prior to Spring Break, they will receive their materials from their math teacher.
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA)
If you are interested in the Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) process for your student, please review the information for grades K-7 located on the WCPSS website. The testing request deadline for SSA is March 22nd and the testing window is April 7th - April 28th. Please complete the WFMS SSA Test Request Form if you are interested in your student testing for math or language arts (these are the only subjects SSA can be conducted). Questions may be directed to Mrs. Emily Leasure (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rising 7th Graders - Immunizations
All rising 7th graders in North Carolina are required to provide proof of vaccination for the Tdap and meningococcal immunizations within 30 days of the start of the 2021-2022 school year.
We know many of our current 6th graders have already received or will be receiving this vaccine over the next few months. Once your child receives these vaccines, please send proof to email@example.com or fax to 919.670.4222 (Attention: Emily Abbott).
If you have additional questions, please contact our Data Manager at 919-554-8440 x22437.
Counselor’s Corner (Week of 3/1 - 3/5)
This week’s update in the Counselor’s Corner includes information about the following topics.
- Counselor Office Hours for next week – a great time to call in to chat and ask questions. RESET is available to all grade levels on Friday from 12:00-12:45 with Ms. Purnell. Explore mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
- Attention Eighth Grade Students and Parents:
- Ms. Pertell & Mr. Smith are registering rising Wake Forest High School students starting on Monday, March 8th-Tuesday, March 9th. Make up days are Wednesday and Thursday. All Cohort A students that are on campus will report to room 807 during their CORE SOCIAL STUDIES CLASS. All other Plan B students and VA students will register via google meet during their core social studies class.
- Make sure your child has social connections. These could include:
- video play dates or talks with family
- physically distanced playdates with families you know. Ask if they've taken precautions and practiced social distancing. Be ready to cancel if someone in your family or theirs has symptoms.
- family game nights.
- Restorative Practice and Community-Building Circles - The Circle is a facilitated dialogue process that is INVITATIONAL. It allows participants to share openly and encourages connections and deepening relationships. Learn how to use these skills at home - English flyer; Spanish flyer.
- WCPSS Wellness Session: Keeping Your Kids Emotionally & Physically Safe - An informative presentation that provides parents with resources, shares risk factors, and gives warning signs of suicide and self-injurious behaviors. See flyer with dates and registration.
- Virtual Family Academy Parent Workshops – This WCPSS program provides families with the necessary academic tools to support the success of their child’s education. See what’s offered: Family Academy Facebook Live Parent Workshops Calendar (en Español)
- WCPSS Parent Information Sessions include Restorative Practice and Community
- WCPSS Wellness Session: Keeping Your Kids Emotionally & Physically Safe (See flyer with dates and registration.)
WFMS PTSA & Amazon Smile
If you are purchasing items through Amazon, please support our PTSA by accessing smile.amazon.com. Once on the website, link to Wake Forest Middle School PTSA as the charity you wish to support. A percentage (.5%) of eligible purchases will be donated to our PTSA to support the WFMS community. You must access through smile.amazon.com and you can now link Amazon Smile to your Amazon app on your smartphone through the settings feature. Please share this information with family and friends so they can support our school as well.
Papa Murphy’s Spirit Night
When purchasing pizza from Papa Murphy’s this year on dates other than our spirit nights, we encourage you to order online and use the code LOVE. By doing so, WFMS will receive a percentage of your purchase as a donation to our school.
We encourage you to share this information with friends and family who live or work in the Wake Forest area and let them know they can support our school this way at Papa Murphy’s. Our next spirit night will be March 25th and we hope you will come out to support us on that day.
WCPSS Family Message
The Wake County Public School System shares messages each week. If you have missed any messages or would like to review old messages, please visit the WCPSS website.
Dr. Bradford’s WFMS Weekly Family Messages
If you have missed a previous family message from Dr. Bradford, all messages are located on the Wake Forest Middle School website on the Principal’s Message page.
WFMS Social Media
Families who have social media are encouraged to follow WFMS on Twitter (@wakeforestms), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/WakeForestMS), and Instagram (@wakeforestms) for updates.