January 24th WFMS Family Message
Visite el enlace a continuación para acceder al mensaje familiar de WFMS de esta semana en Español. Gracias.
Good afternoon WFMS Families,
Below are updates and announcements for the week of 1/25 - 1/29.
All WCPSS students will remain in remote learning through mid-February. The links below provide more information in assisting students and families for this period of learning.
Second Quarter/1st Semester final grades for students will be accessible in PowerSchool for students and families to view this Monday, January 25th. If you would like to receive a printed copy, please complete THIS FORM.
If you were not able to pick up materials on January 19th, you may pick up materials Monday through Friday between 12pm - 3pm. No appointment needed during that daily period of time. As a way to practice maximum health safety for families and staff, please remain in your car for material pick-up. Pull up along the inside carpool lane and someone from the Media Center will come out to assist you. We realize that there may be a line, however, please wait along the inside lane and pull up as you can. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this process. Students are not required to be present for material pick-up.
If your child had school pictures taken, those are being distributed during material pick up. Please let staff who assist you know that you ordered pictures.
The final day to pick up materials without an appointment is Friday, January 29th. After January 29th, you will be required to make an appointment. More information will be provided about this in next week’s family message.
Papa Murphy’s Spirit Night
When purchasing pizza from Papa Murphy’s this year on dates other than our spirit nights, we encourage you to order online and use the code LOVE. By doing so, WFMS will receive a percentage of your purchase as a donation to our school. Please share this information with friends and family who live or work in the Wake Forest area and let them know they can support our school this way at the Retail Drive Papa Murphy’s.
Counselor Corner – Week of 1/25– 1/29
This week’s update includes information about the following topics. Details about the below topics can be found at the Counselor's Corner.
- Counselor Office Hours for next week – a great time to call in to chat and ask questions; RESET is available to all grade levels on RESET is available to all grade levels on Thursday 2:15-3pm with Ms. Purnell
- 6th Grade Classroom Guidance - Ms. Purnell will be teaching county-required SEL (Social Emotional Learning) Coping Skills lesson Tuesday through Friday in Social Studies Classes
- Course registration for 2021-2022 - Registration is a multi-step process, including the sharing of information/options and the actual registration in PowerSchools. Current 8th graders typically complete this process mid-February through March; registration is completed through the middle school. High School Open Houses occur in early February and ‘save the dates’ are posted here. Current 6th and 7th graders typically complete this process mid-March through mid-April. More details coming soon here!
- Virtual Family Academy – This WCPSS program provides families with the necessary academic tools to support the success of their child’s education. See what’s offered: Family Academy Facebook Live Parent Workshops Calendar (en Español)
- Deadline for applying to Magnet Schools is January 28 – All scheduled events (virtual open houses) can be found here and all general info found here.
- Second Step Self-Care Video Series for Parents - Feeling stressed? Take a few minutes for yourself this winter. Visit Committee for Children’s YouTube channel every Monday through the end of January for a self-care video created especially for parents.
WCPSS Family Message
The Wake County Public School System shares information and updates related to COVID-19 often with families. If you have missed a message or would like to review old messages, please visit the WCPSS website.
Dr. Bradford’s WFMS Weekly Family Messages
If you have missed a previous family message from Dr. Bradford, all messages are located on the Wake Forest Middle School website on the Principal’s Message page.
WFMS Social Media
Families who have social media are encouraged to follow WFMS on Twitter (@wakeforestms), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/WakeForestMS), and Instagram (@wakeforestms) for updates.