Final Weekly Message, June 10, 2020
Good Afternoon Fuquay- Varina Elementary Families!
This is our last week of the 2019-2020 school year. Our messenger today includes our last school events and a few announcements for the new school year. To all of our FVES families and staff members that are moving to another state, county or school- we love you and will miss you tremendously! Please know that we will always consider you as part of our school family!
- Fifth Grade Promotion Rodeo | Decorate your car and fill it with your family! Please let your fifth grader ride in the front passenger's seat so we can ensure they get celebrated properly!! We will have some special pop up surprises during our Graduation Event! Click the link for the meet up location and details! Fifth Grade Promotion Rodeo Please meet at the church pass the school at 9:30 for set up.
- Last PTA General ZOOM Meeting | We will hold our last General PTA Meeting on Monday, June 15th at 11:00 am via Zoom to vote in the PTA Officers for 2020-2021. It will take less than 5 minutes for the meeting, and we will need a minimum of 20 PTA members to join the meeting to vote. We will be voting on our 2020-2021 PTA Officers:
President - Ashley Brown
Vice President - Stevie Hull
Treasurer - Marsha Simmons
Secretary - Courtney Ross
Please join the meeting using the following info:
Topic: PTA General Meeting - Officer Election
Time: Jun 15, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada
Meeting ID: 963 0933 5614
- Student Materials Pick Up| We had 669 bags picked up this past Monday and Tuesday and have 155 bags left to claim. Our final pick up day will be on August 3rd from 1-4 PM for all families. If you have an urgent pick up need, please contact your classroom teacher for more information.
Kindergarten Registration and Virtual Orientation for 20-21|Believe it or not, Kindergarten registration for 2020-2021 is now open! Welcome Class of 2033! All kindergarten students and rising kindergartners can now register online! Locate your base school. | Learn more about the enrollment process.
A child must be 5 years old on or before August 31 of the current school year to attend kindergarten. In accordance with state law, gifted children who are age 4 by April 16 also will be considered for admission. Visit this site to learn more about early admission for gifted children at https://www.wcpss.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=186.
Look for more information on the Kindergarten enrollment process by following this link, https://www.wcpss.net/domain/56.
Please Click here to register for our FVES virtual orientation events on June 18th or July 16th if you have a rising Kindergartner.
- Summer Messages | We will continue to send out FVES reminders, WCPSS updates and important information regarding School Supply lists and how things will be when we start the 2020-2021 school year via this School Messenger platform.
Wishing You Well Always,
Heather Johnson, Principal
- June 12 @10:00 AM | Fifth Grade Promotion Rodeo
- June 15 @11:00 AM | Final PTA Meeting via ZOOM
- June 18 @ 9:00 AM | Virtual Orientation for new Families
- July 16 @4:00 PM | Virtual Orientation for new Families
- August 3rd from 1:00-4:00 PM | Final Student Material Pick Up
- August 17 | First Day of 2020-2021 School Year