Principal's Message October 8, 2019
We are always thankful for your partnership and appreciate you reading this bi-monthly message!
- Upcoming Teacher Workdays | Just a reminder that our October teacher workday is Wednesday, October 9th.
- Free/ Reduced Lunch | Status ends for Free and Reduced Lunch for all families that received F/R Breakfast and/or Lunch from last year. Please make sure you re-apply for status if this applies to you.
- Our Campus Looks Beautiful! | A huge thank you to all of the wonderful community members that came out to beautiful our campus. Thank you to our PTA Beautification leader, Ms. Nolder for leading the Azalea Project, plantings and mulch placement this past weekend. Check out the FVES PTA Facebook page for pictures!
- Transportation | Thank you for continuing to help us during carpool and bus arrival times. We have seen an improvement in following procedures and taking staff direction.
- Unity Day – Wednesday, October 23, 2019 | Together against bullying. UNITED for kindness, acceptance and inclusion. Make it ORANGE and make it end! What are your true colors when it comes to showing that you believe that all youth should be safe from bullying? Come together in one giant ORANGE message of hope and support, WEAR AND SHARE ORANGE to color our nation, and even the world, visibly showing that our society believes that no child should ever experience bullying.
- School Psychologist’s Scoop | Your child has been diagnosed with ADHD. Now what?
1) Become an ADHD expert-research from reputable websites and researchers; www.understood.org; www.russellbarkley.org; www.chadd.org
2) Beware of anyone saying they have a “cure”-there a lot of things that will help but ADHD is a lifelong issue
3) Consider skill coaching and/or therapy. Skill coaching and therapy can help deal with life skill deficits and emotional issues that can accompany ADHD. They can also help with parenting support
4) Remember that ADHD is only partly about attention/focus-it’s also about difficulty with time management, poor frustration tolerance, impulsivity, difficulty following directions, poor organizational skills, etc.
5) Talk with school student services staff if your child is struggling to see if other supports are needed
Thank you for all you do to help all students succeed at FVES!
Wishing You Well,
Heather Johnson, Principal
- October 9 | County-Wide Teacher Workday
- October 11 | PTA Meeting @8:00 AM in Media Center
- October 14-18 | National School Lunch Week
- October 23 | Unity Day, Wear Orange
- October 28 | Boosterthon Pep Rallies