Principal's Message August 2019
Happy New Year!! It is with great pleasure that we share, "Bring on the Students!" We have intentionally prepared for each of our students to arrive on Monday, August 26th!
- Start with planning ahead | Our first day of school this year for 1st-5th graders is Monday, August 26th. Our arrival time is 8:45 AM for all students and our tardy bell rings at 9:15 AM. Please allow 10 minutes for your student to arrive at school before the bell to get settled instead of feeling rushed. This makes for a great start to the day!
- Kindergarten Class of 2032 | Kindergarten staggered entry week is one day during this first week of school for each child. The first day for all kindergarteners will be Tuesday, September 3rd. Meet the Teacher for Kindergarten families is on Friday, August 30 from 9:30-10:30 AM.
- Please Connect with Us | We have just launched “Ways to Connect with FVES” on our website, Twitter and PTA Facebook accounts. Connect by clicking on the link highlighted in blue! Please SHARE the information and CONNECT with us! We need your help to reach all families this year!
- Carpool and Bus Info | We will no longer be using Twitter to annouce bus information. Please make sure you download the Here Comes the Bus APP as times for routes can differ from day to day. Our carpool procedures have changed a bit. Please make sure you check out the posted video on our school website for the route of carpool (this is the same) and make sure you find out if you are at our RED cone when waiting in line. If you are designated to be at the RED cone, please pull up to the red cone and all other cars need to go to the very next cone. As a reminder, do not pull to a cone you see your student standing at, we will move students to the correct cone. It is very natural to want to motion children to your car- this is not the safest action. Thank you for helping us support student safety first. Our carpool will require patience the first few weeks with our school design not originally planned for over 800 students. Thank you for showing patience daily as we move to making everything smooth. If you do not have a carpool number and plan to be a carpool parent, please be prepared to get a carpool number the first week. After the first week, you will need to come to the office to check out your child since the FVES carpool tag is a ticket of safety for stranger/custody concerns.
Much more information will come out to you from your teacher each week. All teachers should be sending home information via Monday Folders and ClassDOJO soon! We are so glad you are a part of our school family.
Wishing you Well,
Heather Johnson, Principal
- August 26 | First day of school, staggered entry week for Kindergarten
- August 30 | 9:30-10:30 AM, Meet the Teacher for Kindergarten only
- September 2 | School Holiday for Labor Day
- September 3 | Tissues and Tea for Kindergarten parents at drop off for first full day of Kindergarten
- September 24 | 5:00-8:00 PM, Open House Family Picnic Night, 6:00 PM General PTA Meeting