COVID News at Wakefield
Students and parents may contact Mr. Cummings, email@example.com or 919.562.3600 x22232, with questions.
LINK to WCPSS Covid-19 News
Guidance for students who are in quarantine during the 2021-22 school year:
The purpose of this document is to provide guidance for schools regarding the utilization of a Learning Management System (LMS) landing page to support students who may be absent for an extended period - including those in quarantine - during the 2021-22 school year as referenced in Policy 4400 and 4400 R&P.
Expectations for all teachers:
- All teachers in general education and special education areas will have a WCPSS landing page in Canvas or Google Classroom. Virtual Academy teachers will have a landing page in Canvas.
- Elementary Template Directions
- Middle School Template Directions
- High School Template Directions
- Google Classroom Template
- All teachers of general and special education utilize the WCPSS landing page on a weekly basis to ensure that students are familiar with how to access and effectively use the content.
- All teachers will provide an orientation for students to the content on the landing page and direct students to reference the landing page if a quarantine or other circumstance results in an absence from school.
- Teachers or the PLT will post assignments and instructional resources that will support students while absent.
- Assignments will be updated at least weekly.
- The postings will provide students and parents with instructional goals and activities along with relevant resources to support learning and or learning extension / remediation as necessary.
- School staff will post regular live office hour times and dates for student connection, engagement, and support.
- Live office hours will be provided a minimum of one time per week.
- When feasible, district-level instructional support and live office hours will be made available across grade levels and content areas to supplement what teachers and schools are able to provide. The district will also create a specific Let’s Talk portal to provide an additional means of communication and support for students and families affected by quarantine.
When quarantine results in all students leaving the in-person classroom:
When the quarantine requires that the entire classroom including the teacher quarantine, the class will become virtual when feasible, including live instruction for the duration of the quarantine. Teachers will utilize Canvas or Google Classroom to communicate with students while in quarantine.
When quarantine results in some students in quarantine, yet the teacher remains with in-person students:
As outlined above, absent students will refer to the teacher’s Learning Management System (LMS) page to gain information about assignments, and weekly live office hours will be available for direct feedback and support. Teachers will utilize Canvas or Google Classroom as a primary means of communication with students while in quarantine.
FOR ALL NEWS RELATED TO COVID
You can get free Covid testing with results in 7 hours at a drive-thru system at 907 Gateway Commons Circle Wake Forest ALL INFO including vaccine distribution in Wake Co.
CASES at WAKEFIELD HS
Wakefield High School families and employees,
We have been notified that four individuals associated with our athletic teams have tested positive for COVID-19. These individuals were last on our campus 12-8 + 12-9.
We have been notified that an individual associated with our school has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual was last on our campus 12/3.
We have been notified that two individuals associated with our school has tested positive for COVID-19. These individuals were last on our campus November 20 and 24.
We have been notified that an individual associated with one of our athletic teams has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual was last on our campus November 18, 2020.
We have been notified that an individual associated with one of our athletic teams has tested positive for COVID-19. This individual was last on our campus November 9, 2020.
We are working closely with the Wake County Public Health Division and the individual to identify and notify anyone who may have been in close contact with the individual to provide them further instructions. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines close contact as being “within 6 feet of an infected person for a total of 15 minutes or more.”
There is nothing for you to do unless you are contacted by your local health department. If you are contacted by your local health department, please respond immediately and follow their instructions.
If you are worried you may have been exposed and are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you can be tested at one of the free testing locations throughout Wake County. You may also consult with your healthcare provider or call the Wake County COVID Hotline at 919-856-7044.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever or chills, a new cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or a new loss of taste or smell.
Following guidelines from the NC Department of Health and Human Services and WCPSS, the person with COVID-19 will not return to a WCPSS facility until they have met the requirements outlined on the Returning To School After Diagnosis, Exposure, or Illness website.