Freshmen Parent Night and Early Start
Freshman Parent Night Click here to download schedule seen below
August 21, 2019
4:00 pm-7:30 pm
Doors open at 4:00 pm for guided tours and Information Fair. Presentations begin at 4:45
4:00-4:30 pm Tour and Information Fair
- Athletic/Driver Eligibility: Members of the Healthful Living department will be onsite to answer questions regarding athletic programs, WPCSS eligibility requirements, NCAA eligibility requirements, and the Driver’s Education program.
- Band Boosters: The purpose of this organization is to encourage, promote, and support WHS band programs. Please visit www.wakefieldhsband.org for additional information on Wakefield High School’s band program.
- Business Alliance: The Wakefield Business Alliance assists in providing connections between educators and business professionals. This alliance supports a variety of activities including career fairs, job shadowing, guest speakers, internships, and more.
- Carpool : Carpool maps will be available to show parents how to best use the carpool lanes before and after school hours.
- Child Nutrition Services: Information will be available about the Child Nutrition program at Wakefield High School.
- Fine Arts Booster Clubs: Boosters clubs have been established for the choral and dance programs for Wakefield High School. These organizations provide each club advisor with financial assistance, logistic and event planning, and human capital to run a successful program.
- PowerSchool: Parents can register for PowerSchool access. PowerSchool gives parents the ability to monitor their student’s grades and attendance.
- PTSA: The PTSA is a volunteer organization of parents, faculty, and students working jointly to assist in the education, recognition, and support programs of the Wakefield High School community. Learn how to become a PTSA member and how to volunteer. Additional information can be located by visiting www.wakefieldhsptsa.org.
- Special Programs: Staff will be on hand to answer questions regarding our Special Programs department and the resources available at WHS.
- Student Clubs and Organizations: Students and/or advisors will be onsite to promote their club or organizations.
- Student Government Association: The Wakefield Student Government Association (SGA) provides support to the entire Wakefield High School community: Athletics, Newspaper, Fine Arts, and other clubs.
- Student Services: Student Services offers a variety of services to the Wakefield community. Counselors provide a comprehensive developmental counselor program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students.
- Transportation Information: There will be information available regarding transportation services available to Wakefield High School students.
- Volunteer Registration: Computers will be available to allow parents to register with the Wake County Public School System as an approved volunteer.
- Wolverine Club: The Wolverine Club provides and assists the Wakefield athletic department with funding for expenses. Information will be provided on Wolverine Club membership, season passes to athletic events, apparel sales, and sponsorships. Additional information can be located by visiting www.whswolverineclub.com.
4:30 pm Welcoming and Introductions
- PTSA Representative
- Band Booster Representative
- Choral Booster Representative
- Wolverine Club Representative
- Business Alliance Representative
- Student Government Association Representative
- Transportation Representative
5:00 pm Information Sessions
- Online Resources and How to Use Them Media Center
- School Staff
- WHS Student Expectations Auditorium
- WHS Administrators
- Student Services Rooms 603
- Student Services Staff
- What Did My Child Learn Today? Rooms 608
- WHS Freshmen Teachers
Each information session will be 20-25 minutes in length.
Information sessions will be held at 5:00 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:00 pm, and 6:30 pm.
Parents do not have to attend each session. Parents may float and attend any session of their choice.
Freshman Student Early Start Click here to download schedule seen below
Friday, August 23, 2019
8:00 am Check-in/Schedule Pick-up/Club and Organization Fair
- Check-in and Schedule Pick-up
- Club and Organization Fair
- School Tours
8:30 am Mini Pep Rally
9:00 am Welcome/Introductions/Student Panel (SGA Representatives)
Student Services/School Expectations
10:00 am Schedule Walk-Through
10:05-10:15 am Period 1
10:20-10:30 am Period 2
10:35-10:45 am Period 3
10:50-11:00 am Period 4
11:00 am School Wide Announcements and Dismissal