Dear Parent or Guardian,
While at school, your child was using Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP™) at school to assess their reading skills. In addition, to support the Read to Achieve diagnostic initiative with reading assessments at school, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and Istation are pleased and excited to also provide K-3 students 24-7 access to Istation Reading during this national pandemic.
Istation’s digital reading curriculum can be used at home to enhance your child’s reading. Istation Reading allows your child to interact and engage in direct instruction through an individualized learning path. There is also a Parent Portal that parents or guardians may use to view and track their child’s progress throughout the remaining of the year. In addition, the Parent Portal includes skill-building lessons and printable materials that can be shared and performed together with your child at home.
Follow these steps to download and install Istation at home (student/child experience):
- Go to istation.com/Support
- Select and follow the download instructions for your home computer, laptop, iPad, or tablet.
- Once Istation is installed, your child will need to log into the Istation
- Go to the NCEdCloud IAM Service at ncedcloud.org
- At the login prompt, enter your child’s student UID (lunch number) for username then click “Go”. You may need to check with your child’s school for this information.
- You will be directed to the NCEdCloud/RapidIdentity applications page. Click on the blue RTA Istation
Follow these steps to access the Parent Portal at home (parent experience):
- You will need the use the login information provided by your child’s teacher.
Example: School/Domain: xxxxx.xxxxx.nc | Username: yyyyyy | Password: zzzzzzzzz
- Go to istation.com
- The Log In: Find your Campus page should appear. The first time you log in, you will be prompted to search for your child’s school. Enter your child’s school until it appears then click on it.
- Verify the search found the school you entered. Type in the login information (User Name, Password) for your parent account (as provided by your child’s teacher) then click on the Log In If you have forgotten your User Name or Password, contact your child’s teacher.
For more information or help, please visit www.istation.com/northcarolina/home, call 1-866-883-7323 toll-free and press 2, or e-mail email@example.com.