Explorer Express for 5/2/22
Teacher Appreciation Week, 5/2-5/6
- Monday, 5/2: Teacher Workday, No School
- Tuesday, 5/3: Give your teacher his/her favorite flower- fresh, fake, homegrown, handmade, or emailed
- Wednesday, 5/4: A thank you card, email, or gift card
- Thursday, 5/5: Donate a school supply to your child’s classroom
- Friday, 5/6- Treat your teacher to his/her favorite snack, beverage, or candy (from a store)
Family Panorama Survey Due May 6
Wake County Public Schools is administering a District Wide Family Survey from through Friday, May 6. This survey provides families the opportunity to provide valuable information and a high-quality data source for planning and School Improvement.
The survey has been translated into various languages; Spanish, Arabic, French, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese in an effort to provide accessibility to families in Wake County Public Schools. The survey administration language can be chosen by families before taking the survey.
Families, please send your students to school with a water bottle daily, especially now that weather is getting warmer. We no longer have plastic water bottles to distribute.
News from the PTA
The PTA needs your help! Please sign up to volunteer!
The Book Fair will be open Tuesday, May 10- Friday, May 13. Please go to the Sign Up Genius here to sign up to volunteer.
Please go to the SignUp Genius Here to volunteer on the day of the Showcase. An hour of your time on May 14th will help us make this day fun for everyone!
Please go to the Sign Up Genius Here to donate a sweet treat (or a healthy goodie) for the Cake Walk!
The WES Edible Garden has fruits (blueberries!) and vegetables growing. We need volunteers to water the garden. Please visit the Sign Up Genius here to help water the garden.
NOMINATIONS FOR PTA SECRETARY & FOR COMMITTEES NEXT YEAR
For our PTA to succeed, we need your support and involvement! We also need members for lots of committees! Please note that a nomination just indicates that you or someone else may be interested in the position; it does NOT mean you are committed to it. To nominate yourself or someone you know to a Board position or to a committee for 2022-2023, please complete the form here.
- 2-6- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
- 14- WES Showcase & STEM Expo
- 27- 3rd Grade Reading EOG
- 27- 5th Grade Science EOG
- 31- 3rd Grade Math EOG
- 31- 4th Grade Reading EOG
- 31- 5th Grade Reading EOG
- 1- 4th Grade Math EOG
- 1- 5th Grade Math EOG
- 3- Field Day (All grades)
- 10- 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony
- 10- Last Day of School
- 13- VA Material Drop off, 9-3