Explorer Express for 12/12/21
Spirit Week This Week
Monday: Mad about Plaid
Tuesday: Winter Wonderland:wear white, hat, scarf (your comfiest cold weather gear)
Wednesday: Character Celebration: Dress like your favorite holiday characters; Grinch, Who’s, Frosty, Rudolph, Elf
Thursday: Wacky Tacky Holiday Gear
Friday: T’was the Night Before Winter Break : Wear PJ’s
We have put together a resource about attendance guidelines for families to review here:
Key highlights in this document include:
- Why is attendance important?
- How are absences marked?
- How do I write an excuse note?
- What do I do if my child is out of school due to symptoms of illness or a possible exposure?
- Where can I go for free Covid-19 testing?
We have begun receiving questions about the impact of student COVID-19 vaccinations to the attendance and return to school guidelines. The most significant change for students who become fully vaccinated will be the removal of the requirement to quarantine if exposed (at school, in the home, or the community). Students who experience a symptom of illness must continue to stay home and follow the return to school guidance, even after being fully vaccinated.
The links to the WCPSS policies can be reviewed here:
CASS (Counseling and Student Services) December Newsletter
- Keeping up during the holiday season
- Backpack Connection Series - How to Use Positive Language to Improve Your Child’s Behavior
- New Book Nook selections
- Tips for managing holiday stress
- COVID testing site information
News from the PTA
WES Yearbook for Sale
It is a year to remember! Buy your WEATHERSTONE YEARBOOK TODAY!
Purchase it before December 31th for $20.
- 13-17 School Spirit Week
- 20- January 2, 2022- NO SCHOOL Winter Break
- 3- Return from winter break
- 14- End of Quarter 2
- 17- NO SCHOOL (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- 18- NO SCHOOL (Teacher Workday)
- 18- Virtual Academy Q3 Material Pickup