Explorer Express for 9/8/21
- The safety of our students is important to us and we want to thank our Weatherstone Community for following the procedures listed in the link above.
- Please note that as a large elementary school, during arrival and dismissal times, we are unable to accommodate families that park their vehicles and walk up to the front doors.
- Our school begins dismissing students at 3:45. For the safety of all of our students, we are unable to dismiss any students between 3:15 and 3:45. Families who arrive at the school after 3:15, will be asked to enter the carpool lane.
- Thank you for your patience during these times.
WCPSS COVID-19 Response Site & WES Procedures
- Every day during our WES Morning News we will remind students of the importance of following the 3Ws on campus, Washing our Hands, Waiting Socially Distant Apart from Others, and Wearing a Mask
- Whenever WES students will be eating, students will be either outdoors, in their own classroom, or spaced in the cafeteria (2-3 students to a table) with at least 6 feet from other classes.
- To begin the school year during outdoor times such as recess, classes will be separated to promote social distancing. We have assigned play areas and rotate stations.
- WES Staff have updated plans to address student learning in the event of extended absences due to quarantine. These plans include an opportunity to check in daily with a staff member virtually. Detailed information will be shared to families as needed.
- If your student experiences any symptoms of illness, please keep them home and reach out to your teacher to let them know. We will follow up with you to explain the return to school protocols and options.
WES Virtual Open House
Mark your calendars. WES will host a Virtual Open House event on Thursday, September 30th from 5:30-7:00 PM. Families will have opportunities to attend optional parent workshops as well as a chance to hear presentations from the classroom teachers. More information and links for the Google Meets will be shared in the next few weeks.
News from the WES PTA
The WES PTA welcomes the new class of Kindergartners to WES! Please plan to join the PTA and other kindergarten parents on Friday, September 10th @ 12:00 PM to meet the PTA, learn about WES, and hear from the school counselor. Please join us for this virtual meeting at the following link https://meet.google.com/zps-dnnb-gza.
Don’t forget to join the PTA! Anyone can join! Memberships must be purchased each year! You can join the PTA and not come to any meetings! The PTA supports all teachers and all students at WES.
Join the WES PTA HERE
Buy your 2021-2022 WES Spirit Wear HERE
WES Edible Garden Fall Cleanup and Planting!
Join us on Saturday, September 18 from 3:00-5:00 to help us clean up and prep the WES Fall Garden! We will spruce up the garden beds, clear debris and weeds from the pathways, put down fresh mulch, plant some Fall veggies and flowers and oil the garden beds.
If you have any gardening tools (wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, etc.), please bring them!
Bring the whole family, this is a really fun event for kids of all ages! Stay for as long as you're able to. We greatly appreciate your help, thank you!
Please RSVP on HERE. *Rain Date is Sunday, September 26 from 3:00-5:00.
Contact Jenny Bengen with any questions: email@example.com or 619-249-3219
50% of all sales go directly to our PTA to help fund programs and support teachers & students throughout the year! GO Support Local Businesses, PLAY all year long, and SAVE money at the same time! Be on the lookout for a fundraising packet and order forms to come home with your child this week.
Our storefront link is available now to create a student link to share with friends, family, co-works, and neighbors to sell more books! Click this link to get started: www.goplaysavetriangle.com/store/WES2022 If every family purchases or sells 2 books, we will achieve our goal! Thank you in advance for supporting Weatherstone Elementary PTA!
- 10th- Grade 3 Beginning of Grade (BOG) Assessment
- 10th- Welcome to Kindergarten Virtual Parent Meeting 12:00-12:30 PM
- 16th- Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL for students
- 18th- WES PTA Garden Cleanup Day (Rain date is on the 28th)
- 20th- 1st Quarter Interim Reports
- 30th- WES Virtual Open House 5:30-7:00 PM
- 11th- Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL for students
- 25th- End of First Quarter
- 27th- Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL for students