Explorer Express for 5/17/21
In this edition of the EE you will find:
- EOG Testing Information and Dates
- CAS Newsletter
- WES PTA News
- PTA Volunteer Sign-ups for 2021-22
- Yearbook Order
- Missed School Picture Day? Send in yearbook photo by 5/17
- Upcoming Dates
EOG Testing Dates
As we approach the end of this school year, we would like to share information on the expectations for students to participate in end-of-year state testing. The Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) is expecting all students to take the following tests as is required by federal and state law: Reading & Math Grades 3-5. Please note that students who are in VA will test on the same day as Face-to-Face Students. There will be NO LIVE MEETS for VA grade on the date the tests will be given for students on that grade level. (For example, 3rd Grade VA Students will not have Live Meets on 5/19 and 5/24.) Students can work on Istation, Dreambox, etc. if they are not testing or in the PM after their test.
VA students who will be attending in-person on test dates need to arrive during normal arrival times between 8:45-9:10am.
Students may only bring:
- A water bottle (labeled with name)
- WCPSS Chromebook and changer (if issued from WES)
- Reading Material for after the test
- Lunch if registered to stay the entire school day (and does not want the free WCPSS lunch)
Below are dates that we have scheduled EOGs for Weatherstone:
- Wednesday 5/19: 3rd Grade ELA & 5th Grade Science
- Thursday 5/20: 4th Grade ELA
- Friday 5/21: 5th Grade ELA
- Monday 5/24: 3rd Grade Math
- Tuesday 5/25: 4th Grade Math
- Wednesday 5/26: Asynchronous Day for all Students
- Thursday 5/27: 5th Grade Math
- Friday 5/28: 3rd Grade Read to Achieve (Selected Students)
Counseling and Student Services News (CASS)
CASS Newsletter May Vol. 15
Summer Activities in the Greater Triangle Area
Get to know your Fantastic Elastic Brain
“Acting out” Kids? A Few Reminders to Help You Respond to Them!
Using Positive Self Talk
New Book Nook Selections!
News from the WES PTA
The WES PTA Needs you
The WES PTA needs you! After a crazy year we're hoping for some normalcy in the 2021-2022 school year. Please consider volunteering for one of the open PTA positions. Please reach out to us with any questions! email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
Yearbook Orders & Photo Information
Forget to order a yearbook? Here is one last chance to do so:
Didn’t get to have a yearbook photo taken?
We are trying to get every child in the yearbook this year. If you took a school portrait, then you do not need to send anything. We will use the one taken by the school photographer.
If you missed our at school picture day, you may submit your own school appropriate portrait using this form. Please follow the guidelines listed below on the form and submit your photo for inclusion in the portrait section of the yearbook.
If you do not have a portrait to submit, we will use your portrait from last year if one is available. We will include a NOT PICTURED list for all students that we do not have a school portrait.
This will be a year to REMEMBER!
Click here to submit: https://forms.gle/Rsg8WXeeRCYVoXJPA
If for any reason you cannot submit using the form, please email email@example.com and attach your picture with your child’s name and grade.
- 17-21 Full Week of School (5 days In-person OR 5 days Live Meets)
- 17- Yearbook Photos Due
- 19-28 EOG Testing Days
- 26- Remote Asynchronous Day/Material Drop-off Day
- 28- Final Day to Order 2020-21 Yearbook
- 31- Memorial Day Holiday NO SCHOOL
- 10- Last Day of School