Explorer Express for 5/10/21
In this edition of the EE you will find:
- School Events on Thursday
- Remote Asynchronous Day
- Book Fair & Material Pickup for VA
- Virtual Field Day
- EOG Testing Information and Dates
- Spring Book Fair Information
- PJ & B Bedtime Stories at 7pm on Tuesday
- WES PTA News
- Yearbook Order
- Missed School Picture Day? Send in yearbook photo by 5/17
- Upcoming Dates
Remote Asynchronous Day on 5/13
This Thursday 5/13 is an Asynchronous Day for all students. We have several events planned on this day:
- Material Pickup for VA Families 10am-3pm
- Virtual Field Day-Check PE Google Classroom for Details
- Book Fair Sidewalk Shop for VA Families 10am-3pm
Material Pickup for VA Families
May 13th (Asynchronous Remote Learning Day) will be our final material pick event for VA families. All VA families, please plan to come to school on this day to pick up necessary supplies and materials for the last month of school. Please have a sign with your child’s name, teacher and grade level clearly marked.
Virtual Field Day 2021 Thursday
Are you ready for our Virtual Field Day on Thursday. Coach Mulford has posted information on the students’ PE Google Classrooms over the past few weeks. There you can view or print out your family step by step guide, gamecards, and scorecards. Links are on the left hand side of the page. Families can choose how many events to participate in and enjoy. This is not a live event...You will be doing this on your own sometime Thursday. Feel free to invite a friend or do it with your family. Use the #NationalFieldDay for your posts on social media and tag @WeatherstoneES so we can all enjoy the games together! Questions can be emailed to Coach Mulford at email@example.com.
EOG Testing Dates
As we approach the end of this school year, we would like to share information on the expectations for students to participate in end-of-year state testing. The Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) is expecting all students to take the following tests as is required by federal and state law: Reading & Math Grades 3-5. Please note that students who are in VA will test on the same day as Face-to-Face Students. There will be NO LIVE MEETS for VA grade on the date the tests will be given for students on that grade level. (For example, 3rd Grade VA Students will not have Live Meets on 5/19 and 5/24.) Students can work on Istation, Dreambox, etc. if they are not testing or in the PM after their test.
VA students who will be attending in-person on test dates need to arrive during normal arrival times between 8:45-9:10am.
Students may only bring:
- A water bottle (labeled with name)
- WCPSS Chromebook and changer (if issued from WES)
- Reading Material for after the test
- Lunch if registered to stay the entire school day (and does not want the free WCPSS lunch)
Below are dates that we have scheduled EOGs for Weatherstone:
- Wednesday 5/19: 3rd Grade ELA & 5th Grade Science
- Thursday 5/20: 4th Grade ELA
- Friday 5/21: 5th Grade ELA
- Monday 5/24: 3rd Grade Math
- Tuesday 5/25: 4th Grade Math
- Wednesday 5/26: Asynchronous Day for all Students
- Thursday 5/27: 5th Grade Math
- Friday 5/28: 3rd Grade Read to Achieve (Selected Students)
Spring Book Fair Information
Books Can Take You Anywhere: Scholastic Book Fair May 3rd - 14th
Face to Face students will have an opportunity to purchase books from May 6th - 14th during a scheduled visit with their class. Due to safety restrictions we will not be able to allow parents to join their child during their buying time as we have done in years past.
We ask that you set up an eWallet so that students have a contactless way to pay for their books. We will not be accepting cash this year. You can find information on how to set up your child's eWallet at our schools fair website at: bit.ly/WESEWALLET
Other Ways to Shop:
Online shopping with free shipping to your home with purchases over $25 at bit.ly/WESEWALLET
Curbside shopping: Families can fill out a google form to request books from this year's fair pay ahead with their child's eWallet or with a credit card upon arrival to our curbside area. Google form and a google slideshow with books available will be shared in next week’s EE.
Sidewalk Sale for our Virtual Families: May 13th 10 - 3pm
PJ & B: Pajamas and Bedtime Stories Virtual Event: May 11th 7 - 8pm
Join us for a special Virtual Family Night at bit.ly/WESFAIR. WES teachers will be reading aloud some of the featured Scholastic Books from our Spring Fair. So, get your comfy cozies on and snuggle in for some great stories before bedtime.
No Books To Go This Week
Due to the Book Fair and VA Sidewalk Shop, there will be no books to go held this week.
News from the WES PTA
Yearbook Orders & Photo Information
Forget to order a yearbook? Here is one last chance to do so:
Didn’t get to have a yearbook photo taken?
We are trying to get every child in the yearbook this year. If you took a school portrait, then you do not need to send anything. We will use the one taken by the school photographer.
If you missed our at school picture day, you may submit your own school appropriate portrait using this form. Please follow the guidelines listed below on the form and submit your photo for inclusion in the portrait section of the yearbook.
If you do not have a portrait to submit, we will use your portrait from last year if one is available. We will include a NOT PICTURED list for all students that we do not have a school portrait.
This will be a year to REMEMBER!
Click here to submit: https://forms.gle/Rsg8WXeeRCYVoXJPA
If for any reason you cannot submit using the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your picture with your child’s name and grade.
- 11- Virtual Event: Pajamas & Bedtime Stories, 7-8 PM
- 13- Remote Asynchronous Day
- 13- Book Fair Sidewalk Shop for VA Families, 10-3
- 13- Virtual Field Day
- 13- Material Pickup for VA Families, 10-3
- 17-21 Full Week of School (5 days In-person OR 5 days Live Meets)
- 17- Yearbook Photos Due
- 19-28 EOG Testing Days
- 26- Remote Asynchronous Day/Material Drop-off Day
- 28- Final Day to Order 2020-21 Yearbook
- 31- Memorial Day Holiday NO SCHOOL
- 10- Last Day of School