Explorer Express for the Week of 2/22/21
Virtual Academy Material Distribution on 2/24
We will hold our next material distribution for All VA Families ONLY on Wednesday, February 24th at school from 12:00-3:00. Families, please pull up to the school in our bus lane for the curbside pickup to get necessary materials for remote learning. Please bring your carpool tag or a piece of paper with your student’s name and homeroom teacher and have it displayed where we can easily read it.
Information for Returning to School Face-to-Face
All K-3 Face to Face students will continue with daily in-person instruction this week. 4-5 Face to Face students will be in rotations. Cohort 3 students will return to the building on Monday, February 22nd. All Face to Face students will be remote on Wednesday.
We encourage all families to review the following information this week in preparation for sending your student to school found on the WCPSS Return to Campus Website.
- WCPSS Return to Campus Guide
- Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols (En Espanol)
- Technology Guidance for Return to Campus (En Espanol)
What to Bring (Students do not need any school supplies)
- Facemasks (1 worn and 1 extra in backpack)
- Reusable Water Bottle (Labeled with Name)
- Technology Device (WCPSS Chromebook or Personal BYOD)
- Fully charged device plus a charger
- Math/Language Arts Packets (EL books)
- Beach Towel (to sit on outside for meals)
- Lunch & Snack (Breakfast and Lunch are free for ALL students)
Counseling and Student Services News (CASS)
- CASS Newsletter February Vol 10
- Celebrate Black History month with Your Children!
- Children’s Books to Celebrate Black History Month
- Return To Campus: Resources to Support Emotional Health and Wellness
- 12 Ways to Show Kindness
- New selections in the Book Nook!
Books to Go Resumes this Week
Books to Go is back on track. Virtual students who have placed books on hold will be able to pick up their books from 12 - 2pm Tuesday or Thursday this week. (Books can also be picked up on Wednesday during the Material Distribution time.) F2F students will be delivered their books to their classrooms throughout the week. As a reminder students can choose up to 5 books and keep them for 3 weeks as long as they have no overdue books out.
Teacher of the Week Nominations
Weatherstone Families: We have many wonderful teachers at Weatherstone and the News Crew would like to highlight them during our weekly news program Teacher of the Week segment. If you have someone you'd like to nominate please go to the following link.
News from the WES PTA
Yearbook Ordering Information
YEARBOOK: LAST CALL!! 2/28 is the final deadline to order a 2020-2021 yearbook. There will be no copies available for purchase at the end of the school year so order now before you miss your chance!
And as a reminder, you can purchase your 2020-2021 yearbook here now.
- 22nd- Face to Face K-3 & 4-5 Cohort 2 Students on Campus
- 24- Remote Asynchronous Day for All Students
- 24- Material Distribution Day for All VA Students
- 3rd- Remote Asynchronous Day for All Students
- 12th- No School (Teacher Workday)
- 24th- Remote Asynchronous Day For All Students
- 29th-31st- No School- Spring Break