Explorer Express for 2/3/21
WCPSS Opening for In-Person Learning on February 17th
WCPSS will reopen for In-Person learning on Wednesday, February 17th. We will remain remote all of next week. (Feb. 15th & 16th there is no school for students). Continue to follow WCPSS for updates and information about returning to campus. We will send out updates and information for our face to face students in the next week as well. Students enrolled in the Virtual Academy will remain remote as planned.
Information for Returning to School Face-to-Face
All K-3 Face-to-Face students will return to daily in-person learning on Wednesday, 2/17
4th & 5th grade Face-to-Face students will be in the building the week of Wednesday, 2/17 on a rotation. We do not yet know which cohort will be starting on 2/17 but will update when we have that information.
We encourage all families to review the following information this week in preparation for sending your student to school found on the WCPSS Return to Campus Website.
- WCPSS Return to Campus Guide
- Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols (En Espanol)
- Technology Guidance for Return to Campus (En Espanol)
- WES Arrival & Dismissal Procedures for Bus, Carpool & Walkers
What to Bring (Students do not need any school supplies)
- Facemasks (1 worn and 1 extra in backpack)
- Reusable Water Bottle (Labeled with Name)
- Technology Device (WCPSS Chromebook or Personal BYOD)
- Fully charged device plus a charger
- Math/Language Arts Packets (EL books)
- Beach Towel (to sit on outside for meals)
- Lunch & Snack (Breakfast and Lunch are free for ALL students)
We will offer Lunch Bunch with the specialists next week while we are all remote and will use the following schedule.
No Books to Go Tomorrow (Feb. 4)
Books to Go is cancelled for tomorrow, February 4th. We will plan to resume at the normal times next week.
Teacher of the Week Nominations
Weatherstone Families: We have many wonderful teachers at Weatherstone and the News Crew would like to highlight them during our weekly news program Teacher of the Week segment. If you have someone you'd like to nominate please go to the following link.
eBooks are HERE in the WES Library
Thanks to the support received from our recent Virtual Book Fair we were able to purchase eBooks for all students at WES. Students can find these books when logged into their WakeID and clicking on the Follett icon. Watch this short video of how to access eBooks from our school media center. How to Access an eBook
Counseling and Student Services News (CASS)
- CASS Newsletter January Vol. 9
- Cool, Calm, & Connected: 4 Mindfulness Activities for Your Family Routine
- Beyond "I'm Sorry": Teaching Children to Apologize and to Forgive
- Safe Indoor and Outdoor Activities for Families
- New Book Nook Selections!
News from the WES PTA
WES Spirit Wear
Didn’t get to order spirit wear this year? We have previous years spirit wear for sale at a discounted price. See the form for pictures and prices. They can be sent home with students that are in school or can be given to you at the next materials distribution day.
Yearbook Ordering Information
Thank you for contributing to the yearbook by helping us tell the story of the year. Currently, we are looking for photos demonstrating school pride!
And as a reminder, you can purchase your 2020-2021 yearbook here now.
- WES Spirit Day- Wear a Sports Jersey
- 15- President’s Day- No School for Students
- 16- No School (Teacher Workday)
- 17- Face-to-Face Students Return to Campus (All K-3rd Grades, 4th/5th Rotations)
- 24- Asynchronous Day for All Students