Explorer Express for the Week of 10/26/20
Plan B Cohort 1 Returns to Campus Tomorrow 10/26/20: Information for Returning to School Face-to-Face
As a reminder to all WES Families, tomorrow we begin the process of students returning to campus. Only Plan B families in Grades K-3rd:Cohort 1 report to school this week. All other students will remain remote. Students in Grades K-3rd will be adjusting their during this 3 week transition. (Since students in Grades 4 & 5 will remain remote at this time, their schedules will remain the same except for 5th Grade Science. It will move up 30 minutes.)
The new schedules for both Face to Face (Plan B) and Virtual Academy Students can be found here:
We encourage all Plan B families to review the following information this week in preparation for sending your student to school found on the WCPSS Return to Campus Website.
- WCPSS Return to Campus Guide
- Student Accountability and Required Health Protocols (En Espanol)
- Technology Guidance for Return to Campus (En Espanol)
- WCPSS Fall Semester 2020
- WES Calendar
- WES Arrival & Dismissal Procedures for Bus, Carpool & Walkers
Vaccinations, Health Assessments & Medications for Plan B Students
- All families are reminded that all new students to WES (both the Face to Face and Virtual Academy students) are required to have completed and updated immunizations and Health Assessments. Students whose documentation is not complete will be excluded from school (in person and/or online) after 10/31.
- Students with medications who will be returning to school in the next few weeks, will need to have an adult bring the medication and a signed 1702 Form to the front office before returning to school. (Please call the front office to schedule an appointment to drop off the medication and form.)
- Links to the 1702 Form:
- This week’s character strength is Creativity
- Parents can visit the Positivity Project website here and can access resources for families at https://posproject.org/p2-for-families/ (The password for the family resources is P2)
Books on the Go Hours Changing This Week
New hours for our media centers Books on the Go service beginning this week. In order to serve both our F2F students and our Virtual Academy students our Books on the Go service hours are changing.
- New hours are Tuesday and Thursday 11-2pm.
- F2F cohorts they will be given an opportunity during class time (Monday and Tuesday) to place books on hold and they will be delivered to their classrooms by Thursday of the same week to take home.
- Students may place holds on up to 5 books at a time and keep books for up to 30 days upon which they should be returned.
- Visit How to Place a Hold to find out how to place a book on hold at our WES library
Online Book Fair Coming Soon
- November 9-16th
- All proceeds from this fair will go directly to our school library to purchase eBooks that can be enjoyed at home and at school
- Books delivered directly to your house at no charge for orders of $25 dollars or more
- Visit our Book Fair at https://www.scholastic.com/bf/weatherstoneelementaryschool1
News from the WES PTA
Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “I Matter Because…,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts. For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at PTA.org/Reflections/Awards.
All information and entry forms for our Reflections Art Competition can be found here.
*The deadline for entries has been pushed back by the county. Therefore our NEW reflections due date will be Friday November 6th!*
Thank you for all the incredible photos you have submitted thus far! This week we are working on a page about Virtual learning. We welcome any photos you may have that show you in your virtual workspace!
Please click here to upload your photo:
- 26th- K-3 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 1 (Cohort 1 on campus M, T, Th, F)
- 28th- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day for ALL students
- 30th- Quarter 1 Report Cards Go Home
- 2nd- K-3 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 2 (Cohort 2 on campus M, W, Th, F)
- 3rd- NO SCHOOL (Teacher Workday--Election Day)
- 6th- PTA Reflections Due
- 9th-20th- Book Fair
- 9th- K-3 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 3 (Cohort 3 on campus M, T, Th, F)
- 11th- NO SCHOOL (Veterans Day)
- 16th- All K-3 Grades Plan B Students (On Campus M, T, Th, F)
- 16th- 4th-5th Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 1 (Cohort 1 On Campus M, T, Th, F)
- 18th- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day for All Students
- 23rd- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day
- 24th- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day
- 25th-27th- NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Break)
- 30th- 4-5 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 2 (Cohort 2 on Campus M, T, Th, F)