Explorer Express for the Week of 10/19/20
- Final Event Reminders
- Our virtual Fun Run is still underway with the Apex Leadership Company
- The Fun Run event will take place on Monday, October 19th. Students can complete the Fun Run any time that is convenient for them.
Remote Learning Asynchronous Day Added: Wednesday, October 28th
WCPSS and Weatherstone ES have been receiving and reflecting on feedback from families and staff. One question that has surfaced surrounds the lack of a Remote Learning Asynchronous Day during the week of 10/26. Based on feedback and in an effort to make each K-3 Plan B Cohorts having an equitable experience, Wednesday, October 28th will now be a Remote Learning Asynchronous Day for all students at Weatherstone ES. This includes Cohort 1 F2F students who will be returning to campus that week (no students will be in the building on this day).
Return to School Meetings for Face to Face (Plan B) Families
- Mr. Chadwick and Mrs. Thomas will meet with families of K-3 Plan B Cohort 1 students on Wednesday, October 21st.
- During this meeting, we will review important information about returning to campus, including procedures and health and safety practices
- We will meet via Google Meet at 12:00. Each cohort will receive a separate email with your meeting code prior to this time.
Vaccinations, Health Assessments & Medications for Plan B Students
- All families are reminded that all new students to WES (both the Face to Face and Virtual Academy students) are required to have completed and updated immunizations and Health Assessments. Students whose documentation is not complete will be excluded from school (in person and/or online) after 10/31.
- Students with medications who will be returning to school in the next few weeks, will need to have an adult bring the medication and a signed 1702 Form to the front office before returning to school. (Please call the front office to schedule an appointment to drop off the medication and form.)
- Links to the 1702 Form:
Lunch Bunch Schedule This Week
- Here is the Lunch Bunch Schedule for this week (October 19-23)
- The schedule has been update to reflect the Teacher Workday on Friday (10-23)
- This week’s character strength is Forgiveness
- Parents can visit the Positivity Project website here and can access resources for families at https://posproject.org/p2-for-families/ (The password for the family resources is P2)
Counseling and Student Services News (CASS) **New Edition**
- The CASS Newsletter is linked here CASS Newsletter October Vol. 4
- Information for parents on “Managing Your Own Anxiety During School Reopening”
- WCPSS social stories for young learners about school reopening
- New “Book Nook” selections
- Preparing students for a safe return to school
- The CASS Newsletter will be updated biweekly. We will share each edition for two consecutive weeks and then will update.
News from the WES PTA
Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “I Matter Because…,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts. For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at PTA.org/Reflections/Awards.
All information and entry forms for our Reflections Art Competition can be found here.
*The deadline for entries has been pushed back by the county. Therefore our NEW reflections due date will be Friday November 6th!*
Please share your Fun Run photos with us!! Click here https://images.jostens.com/415464698 to upload a photo and fill-in a short form. We are excited to feature YOU in the yearbook. Thank you for helping us tell the story of the year!
- 19th- WES Fun Run (complete your run at a time that works for you)
- 21st- Cohort 1 Grades K-3rd Family Return to School Meeting (Link will be sent in email)
- 21st- Fun Run Drive Thru MIGHTY Celebration Pick-Up
- 22nd- End of the 1st Quarter
- 23rd- NO SCHOOL (Teacher Workday)
- 26th- K-3 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 1 (Cohort 1 on campus M, T, Th, F)
- 28th- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day for ALL students
- 30th- Quarter 1 Report Cards Go Home
- 2nd- K-3 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 2 (Cohort 2 on campus M, W, Th, F)
- 3rd- NO SCHOOL (Teacher Workday--Election Day)
- 6th- PTA Reflections Due
- 9th-20th- Book Fair
- 9th- K-3 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 3 (Cohort 3 on campus M, T, Th, F)
- 11th- NO SCHOOL (Veterans Day)
- 16th- All K-3 Grades Plan B Students (On Campus M, T, Th, F)
- 16th- 4th-5th Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 1 (Cohort 1 On Campus M, T, Th, F)
- 18th- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day for All Students
- 23rd- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day
- 24th- Remote Learning Asynchronous Day
- 25th-27th- NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Break)
- 30th- 4-5 Grades Face-to-Face Cohort 2 (Cohort 2 on Campus M, T, Th, F)