Explorer Express for the Week of 9/28/20
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, 9/28 (Teacher Work Day)
- This week, we will continue to offer an Optional Lunch Bunch time for students
- This is an optional time for students to join a Google Meet during the lunch block to socialize with their class with supervision from a Specialist teacher
- Each grade level will have a designated Lunch Bunch time once a week with their homeroom/pod (link above)
Positivity Project: Teamwork
- Week 3 of the Positivity Project (P2) at WES will start on Tuesday, 9/29
- This week’s character strength is Teamwork.
- Teamwork is the ability and willingness to place overall group success as a higher priority than individual achievement. Citizenship is a willingness to work towards the common good as opposed to one’s own self-interest.
- The Positivity Project’s new hashtag is #PositivityinAction
- Parents can visit the Positivity Project website here and can access resources for families at https://posproject.org/p2-for-families/ (The password for the family resources is P2)
Is your student having trouble logging in to Wake ID? Are you struggling to navigate this digital world of virtual learning? We are here to help! Check out our slideshow on some common tech issues:. TECH 101
WCPSS Parent Help Desk
WCPSS Guide to Technology
Contact Us With Technology Concerns
Ms. Whalen, Media Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Zoller, Tech Contact, at email@example.com
- During the month of September, all WCPSS students will be required to take the Istation ISIP universal screener to determine their individualized instructional needs in Literacy.
- Istation’s ISIP results will not impact your child’s grades. This information simply guides teachers' instruction and therefore, it is extremely important that parents refrain from helping during the screening process.
- Follow instructions from your teacher about how to access and take the ISIP at home
- You can view this video about Istation as well: Istation ISIP at Home for Parents Remote Guidance
- The ISIP benchmark closes on September 30th
Counseling and Student Services News (CASS)
- The CASS Newsletter (September Vol. 2) is linked here CASS Newsletter September Vol. 2
- The CASS Newsletter will be updated biweekly. We will share each edition twice a month.
News from the WES PTA
Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “I Matter Because…,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts. Entries for this year’s program will be Due Monday, October 26th. More information about the 2020 program coming soon! For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at PTA.org/Reflections/Awards.
Join the WES PTA
Join online: https://weatherstone.memberhub.store/ or
Submit the completed form included in your school materials and your check made out to WES PTA to the PTA box located in the front of the school
- When you join the PTA, you do NOT have to come to meetings or volunteer.
- You can follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherstonePTA
- The PTA supports everyone at WES!
- 28th- Teacher Workday NO SCHOOL
- 30th- Istation ISIP benchmark closes
- 2nd- Quarter 1 Interims Go Home (email)
- 5th-16th- WES Fun Run (PTA Fundraiser)
- 19th- School Improvement Team Meeting, 8:15
- 22nd- End of the 1st Quarter
- 23rd- No School (Teacher Work Day)
- 26th- PTA Reflections Entries Due
- 30th- Quarter 1 Report Cards Go Home