Explorer Express for the Week of 9/14/20
- WES will begin the Positivity Project (P2) on Monday, September 14th
- The Positivity Project is a curriculum that teaches and empowers students to build positive relationships and become their best selves
- The Positivity Project goes through 24 positive character traits and teaches the concept that “Other People Mindset”
- Beginning Monday, we will start each day with a 15-minute P2 lesson as part of the morning meeting with homeroom teachers
- Parents can visit the Positivity Project website here and can access resources for families at https://posproject.org/p2-for-families/ (The password for the family resources is P2.)
During the month of September, all WCPSS students will be required to take the Istation ISIP universal screener to determine their individualized instructional needs in Literacy. Istation’s ISIP results will not impact your child’s grades. This information simply guides teachers' instruction and therefore, it is extremely important that parents refrain from helping during the screening process.
Teachers will be reaching out to parents over the upcoming week to let them know how and when to begin the assessment. In the meantime, please watch the following video and get familiar with the process.
Please DO NOT have your child complete the assessment until instructed to do so.
If you are using a non-district device, follow your teacher’s instructions on how to download the program to your device.
Is your student having trouble logging in to Wake ID? Are you struggling to navigate this digital world of virtual learning? We are here to help! Check out our slideshow on some common tech issues:. TECH 101
WCPSS Parent Help Desk
WCPSS Guide to Technology
Contact Us With Technology Concerns
Ms. Whalen, Media Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Zoller, Tech Contact, at email@example.com
Counseling and Student Services News (CASS)
- The CASS Newsletter (September Vol. 1) is linked here CASS Newsletter.
- The CASS Newsletter will be updated biweekly. We will share each edition for two consecutive weeks and then will update.
- Information included in this week’s newsletter:
- Family Guidance for Mental Health Services in Reopening
- Our School Counselor’s Website Information - includes Social Emotional Learning Resources for families
- Our School Social Worker’s Resource Website
- includes medical resources
- WCPSS food distribution information
- Wake County Human Services and NC DHHS information
- NC COVID 19 Response and Resources Information
- CASS Staff Contact Information
- Zones of Regulation AT HOME Information and Resources
Books To Go
Books to Go Library Curbside Service has begun. This video shows how to place a hold on a book from the WES library: How to place a book on hold. When your child's books are ready for pickup parent(s) will receive a notification via email to come and pick up your books.
FAQs on Books to Go
- Students are able to place up to 5 books on hold and can have 10 books out at any time
- Books are due back within a month of the checkout date
- Pickup location: Side Media Door
- Please return book(s) to the outdoor library book return bin outside the front office
- Tuesday from 12-4pm
- Thursday from 10-3pm
- Friday from 10-3pm
- Contact Ms. Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
News from the WES PTA
Join the WES PTA
Join online: https://weatherstone.memberhub.store/ or
Submit the completed form included in your school materials and your check made out to WES PTA to the PTA box located in the front of the school
- When you join the PTA, you do NOT have to come to meetings or volunteer.
- You can follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherstonePTA
- The PTA supports everyone at WES!
- Orders will be collected and shipped directly to your house through our supplier.
- Shirts are $10 with a $3.95 base shipping fee and $2 for each item. One shirt would be $15.95, two shirts 27.95 and so on. Credit cards will not be charged until after our ordering window closes on September 23rd! Spirit wear will be shipped after September 23rd.
- Order online here: https://www.createmytee.com/Join/112843
- Join us for our first Spirit Night on September 15th from 4pm-8pm at the Chick-fil-A Stone Creek Village will be donating a portion of the proceeds back to our school.
- You have to be sure to tell them in the drive thru line that you are with Weatherstone or it doesn’t count. This will be drive-thru only. You can order through your Chick-fil-A app or place your order at the drive thru.Make dinner easy and support your school!
Go Play Save
We are extending our sales one more week to purchase and sell GoPlaySave paper and mobile books! Click here to purchase your GoPlaySave paper or mobile book today: www.goplaysavetriangle.
Click here to flip through the paper book digitally: https://www.goplaysavetriangle.com/goplaysave-2021-edition
We will be in touch with dates and times for drive thru pick up of paper books orders.
- September 1st-Ongoing- WES PTA GoPlaySave Virtual Fundraiser
- September 15th- WES PTA Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A 4-8pm
- September 23rd- Last Day to Order WES Spirit Wear
- September 28th- Teacher Workday NO SCHOOL