Explorer Express for the Week of 9/7/20
No School Monday, 9/7/20
Monday, 9/7 (Labor Day) is a holiday and there will be no school for students. We will see everyone again for school on Tuesday, 9/8.
Weatherstone ES and WCPSS use the SchoolMessenger notification service to send important information to families through phone calls, email, and text messages. General school news and updates are shared by email and text message. Urgent information is shared by a phone call.
You must opt-in to receive text messages. To opt-in, text YES to 67587. You will not receive any text messages from WCPSS if you do not opt-in.
Parent/Guardian contact information is uploaded from the WCPSS student information system, PowerSchool, each morning. If you are not receiving messages, contact your student’s school to verify and/or update your contact information.
Counseling and Student Services News (CASS)
The CASS Newsletter is linked here: CASS Newsletter
Information included in this week’s newsletter:
- Family Guidance for Mental Health Services in Reopening
- Our School Counselor’s Website Information - includes Social Emotional Learning Resources for families
- Our School Social Worker’s Resource Website includes medical resources
- WCPSS food distribution information
- Wake County Human Services and NC DHHS information
- NC COVID 19 Response and Resources Information
- CASS Staff Contact Information
- Zones of Regulation AT HOME Information and Resources
Books To Go
Books to Go Library Curbside Service has begun. This video shows how to place a hold on a book from the WES library: How to place a book on hold. When your child's books are ready for pickup parent(s) will receive a notification via email to come and pick up your books.
FAQs on Books to Go
- Students are able to place up to 5 books on hold and can have 10 books out at any time
- Books are due back within a month of the checkout date
- Pickup location: Side Media Door
- Please return book(s) to the outdoor library book return bin outside the front office
- Tuesday from 12-4pm
- Thursday from 10-3pm
- Friday from 10-3pm
- Contact Ms. Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Is your student having trouble logging in to Wake ID? Are you struggling to navigate this digital world of virtual learning? We are here to help! Check out our slideshow on some common tech issues:. TECH 101
Contact WES Staff With Technology Concerns
Ms. Whalen, Media Coordinator, at email@example.com
Ms. Zoller, Tech Contact, at firstname.lastname@example.org
News from the WES PTA
Join the WES PTA
Join online: https://weatherstone.memberhub.store/ or
Submit the completed form included in your school materials and your check made out to WES PTA to the PTA box located in the front of the school
- When you join the PTA, you do NOT have to come to meetings or volunteer.
- You can follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherstonePTA
- The PTA supports everyone at WES!
- Orders will be collected and shipped directly to your house through our supplier.
- Shirts are $10 with a $3.95 base shipping fee and $2 for each item. One shirt would be $15.95, two shirts 27.95 and so on. Credit cards will not be charged until after our ordering window closes on September 23rd! Spirit wear will be shipped after September 23rd.
- Order online here: https://www.createmytee.com/Join/112843
- Join us for our first Spirit Night on September 15th from 4pm-8pm at the Chick-fil-A Stone Creek Village will be donating a portion of the proceeds back to our school.
- You have to be sure to tell them in the drive thru line that you are with Weatherstone or it doesn’t count. This will be drive-thru only. You can order through your Chick-fil-A app or place your order at the drive thru. Make dinner easy and support your school!
We have one more week to purchase and sell GoPlaySave paper and mobile books! We can earn $9,000 if every family buys 1 book. We can double our profit if every family buys one book and sells one book to a friend, family member, neighbor, or co-worker.
Click here to flip through the paper book digitally: https://www.goplaysavetriangle.com/goplaysave-2021-edition
The average family saves $400 each year. Dick’s Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy have just been added to the mobile book with 4 $10 OFF your purchase coupons! Using these coupons alone will allow you to support our PTA and save money when purchasing shoes and clothes, as well as make your money back for the paper or mobile book! All of the other $10,000 in savings coupons will be gravy and support local businesses! The Butcher’s Market, Cookie Cutters Hair Cuts for Kids, Ruckus Pizza, Pasta & Spirits, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Pet Mania, Hollywood Feed, Hungry Howie’s Pizza, Jersey Mike’s, The Melting Pot, Mellow Mushroom, Char-Grill, Swagger, Knight’s Play, Fresh Local Ice Cream, Goodberry’s, Duck Donuts, Great Clips, SuperCuts, AR Workshop, Red Bowl Asian Bistro, Pastry n’ Chaat, Inchin’s Bamboo Garden, Sassool, Hallmark, Learning Express, and Office Max/Depot are just a few of the great places you can support and save!
We will be in touch with dates and times for drive thru pick up of paper books orders. We will be wearing masks and gloves when handing your paper books purchased. Click here to purchase your GoPlaySave paper or mobile book today: www.goplaysavetriangle.com/store/WES2021
- 1st-8th- WES PTA GoPlaySave Virtual Fundraiser
- 7th- Labor Day NO SCHOOL
- 15th- WES PTA Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A 4-8pm
- 23rd- Last Day to Order WES Spirit Wear
- 28th- Teacher Workday NO SCHOOL