Explorer Express for 8/31/20
Open House Links
Thank you to our WES staff for your work preparing for Open House this past Thursday, and thank you to all of our students and families who joined the Open House events. If you were unable to attend your live homeroom Open House, you can view the presentation, which homeroom teachers are sharing. If you were unable to attend our additional sessions, you can view the slide presentations for each session, here: WES Open House Additional Sessions.
First Day of Instruction/Schedules
As we begin the first full week of instruction, we wanted to remind families of the basic general schedule for the day.
The school day officially runs from 9:15am-3:45pm. Just like during a normal school day, students need to be prepared to start their day around 9:00am. This would be logging into their WakeID, and going to their Google Classroom, and having their materials ready.
There students will be able to find their daily schedules and assignments. (Students in K-2 will also have links to Seesaw, a program to allow our early learners ways to share their work with pictures and audio/video recordings.)
- For the 1st Quarter each Grade Level will have the same special every day
- August 31st- September 18th
- K-Readers’ Theater, 1st Grade-Music, 2nd Grade- Music, 3rd-Readers’ Theater, 4th Grade- Design & Innovation, 5th Grade Art
- PE is split into two different 15 Minute Sessions
- 9am Morning Workout Exercise for all students
- Google Classroom for each Grade with specific skills/activities
The instructional day ends at 3:45pm with Independent Reading. There is no assigned homework for students, however, we encourage parents and students to review completed work, or finish any incomplete assignments.
Books To Go
- Make sure your child has joined Ms. Whalen’s Google Classroom
- Watch how to place a HOLD on a book(s) video
- Return book(s) to the outdoor Library Book Return bin outside front office
- Curbside Pick Up (1st Quarter Schedule): Tuesday 12-4pm, Thursday and Friday 10-3pm
- Ms. Whalen’s Office Hours via Google Meet Daily from 10:30-11:30am
News from the WES PTA
The WES PTA is still actively supporting the WES administration, teachers, and students this year, even though we may not physically be in the school this year. Due to COVID 19, we were not able to have our biggest fundraiser last year, so the PTA desperately needs your support! PLEASE JOIN THE WES PTA!
Join online: https://weatherstone.memberhub.store/ or
Submit the completed form included in your school materials and your check made out to WES PTA to the PTA box located in the front of the school
- When you join the PTA, you do NOT have to come to meetings or volunteer.
- You can follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherstonePTA
- The PTA supports everyone at WES!
Spirit wear is here! This year we are doing things a little differently. Orders will be collected and shipped directly to your house through our supplier. Shirts are $10 with a $3.95 base shipping fee and $2 for each item. One shirt would be $15.95, two shirts 27.95 and so on. Credit cards will not be charged until after our ordering window closes on September 23rd! Spirit wear will be shipped after September 23rd.
Join us for our first Spirit Night on September 15th from 4pm-8pm. Chick-fil-A Stone Creek Village will be donating a portion of the proceeds back to our school. You have to be sure to tell them in the drive thru line that you are with Weatherstone or it doesn’t count. This will be drive-thru only. You can order through your Chick-fil-A app or place your order at the drive thru. Drive up orders WILL NOT count; you must go through the drive thru. Make dinner easy and support your school!
The GoPlaySave Program will begin this week! You will receive a flyer in your child's school supplies at your designated supply pick up time. GoPlaySave has over $12,000 in local savings to amazing restaurants and fun places in the area. This year you can purchase and sell paper and mobile books ALL online!!
To sell or purchase paper and mobile books, visit the Weathestone GoPlaySave fundraising page at: https://www.goplaysavetriangle.com/store/products?school_code=wes2021
This program will run through September 8th, so get started today! All money raised supports the PTA and will help fund programs for students and teachers! THANK YOU for supporting Weatherstone Elementary. Any questions? Contact Kelly Moore or Angie Powell at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st-8th- WES PTA GoPlaySave Virtual Fundraiser
- 7th- Labor Day NO SCHOOL
- 15th- WES PTA Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A 4-8pm
- 23rd- Last Day to Order WES Spirit Wear
- 28th- Teacher Workday NO SCHOOL