Explorer Express for 6/8/20
Last Week of School
Happy Monday WES Community! Today marks the beginning of the last week of school for the 2019-2020 school year! With Friday being the last day of school and last day for Remote Learning, we have a few events to celebrate the end of the year.
Special Events this week include:
- Thursday: Virtual Dance Parties
- Friday: Last Day of School End of the 2019-2020 Live from WES at 3:00-4:00pm
End of Year Pick-up Information
Detailed procedures for picking up students items from the school can be found here. Scheduled times for families can be found within that document. Please know that the schedule provided will allow families to make one planned trip to the campus. Each family is assigned a scheduled date and time. The school will reach out to families who do not attend the scheduled time to arrange another date after the schedule is completed.
We do invite families to bring their children for this special ride though the carpool and bus loops to wave goodbye to 2019-2020 school year! Please know that with the exception to pick up items from the designated tables outside, all families are asked to remain in their vehicles at all times.
We have taken photos of our Lost and Found items here. If you find an item that belongs to please contact you child's teacher and note the page number of the item. We will do our best to have that item packed with your child's other belongings.
Fun Connection Activities
Virtual Dance Party
This Thursday, June 11th we will be celebrating our Remote Reading Challenge and the End of the School Year with Virtual Dance Parties! Join you grade level for a special dance celebration at the times below:
Live from WES, the Last Day of School
Join us for a special Live Stream Event this Friday, June 12th at 3:00pm on Google Meet. We will send our students off for summer with special goodbye messages from staff and one last chance to take a look around the school virtually!
Help Our Garden Grow and Spread Kindness
School year 2020 is nearing an end and we would like to remember this time by growing our school's rock garden. We know that the end of the year has not gone as planned yet together as a school community we have achieved great things. We are WEATHERSTONE STRONG! Each of you has inspired us to try new things and to persevere during hard times. This garden will be a remembrance, a “footprint” of the kindness, we achieved together in the school year 2020.
Directions can be found here.
WES Yearbooks for Sale
We have extra yearbooks available, if you would like to order please use the link below. Yearbooks will be distributed during the pick-up days at WES.
WES Virtual Spirit Week
- 6/8 Colorful Monday: Wear bright and colorful clothes to celebrate summer!
- 6/9 Sun’s Out Tuesday: Go outside and play or go for a bike ride or a walk in the sun! Wear something you would normally wear in the summer, like sunglasses.
- 6/10 Work Out Wednesday: Wear athletic/workout clothes and do some sort of workout today! It can be yoga, a run, a walk...
- 6/11 Tropical Thursday: Wear tropical looking clothes (Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, shorts and a t-shirt…). Now go outside and pretend you are at a beach!
- 6/12 Weatherstone Appreciation Friday: Wear a Weatherstone T-shirt and think about all the good things that have happened at Weatherstone. Now think about the good things to come at Weatherstone next year or your new school.
Academic Support Links
Social & Emotional Support
We also recognize that the social and emotional needs of your children and family are important at this time. Here is a link to a new weekly newsletter from our Counseling and Student Services staff.
Contact Information for WES Counseling and Student Support Services
- Katherine O'Connor, School Counselor, email@example.com
- Kelly Wiener, School Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexis Fiacco, School Psychologist, email@example.com
- Brandon Clowers, School Social Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites & Guides for Remote Learning
If your family is in need of technology support please reach out to your child's teacher, Mrs. Whalen (Media Specialist) or Mrs. Zoller (STEM Cooridnator) and they will make sure to help you or your student.
WCPSS also is providing families support: Have a technical issue?
Contact the Help Desk through the online system at StudentTechHelp.wcpss.net.
Call our Help Desk at 919-694-8100 (The HelpDesk will be staffed to take calls weekdays from 7:00am - 5:00pm. Translators are available.)
- June 4th-10th- Student Item Pick-up/Drop-off Dates
- June 10th- 5th Grade Drive Through Recognition Event
- June 10th- Last chance to pick-up items from school 12:30-2:00pm
- June 11th- WES Remote Reading Challenge Virtual Dance Parties
- June 12th- Last Day for Remote Learning
- June 12th- Live from WES 3:00-4:00pm