Magnet Priorities Criteria
We have changed magnet priorities for 2017-18.
BackgroundMagnet schools are intended to:
Therefore we consider three key factors in considering magnet applications:
- Reduce high concentrations of poverty in schools;
- Promote diverse school populations;
- Maximize use of school facilities; and
- Provide innovative educational opportunities.
- Socioeconomic status of the area where the applying student resides;
- Projected overall socioeconomic status of the school to which that student is assigned for next year; and
- Crowding level of the student’s assigned school for next year.
Checking Your StatusComplete these steps to determine where your application will be placed in our magnet priorities.*
* Parents of current magnet students: The siblings of current magnet students who are in an incoming entry grade (Kindergarten, 6th and 9th grade) and seeking assignment to the same school have guaranteed priority if the selection is made during the magnet application period.
- Familiarize yourself with our prioritization criteria.
- Determine your priority by doing the following:
- Refer back to prioritization criteria to determine your priority placement.