To: All 11th grade students and parents
RE: Expectations: Students and teachers as it is applicable to online learning until May 15th
PLEASE CONTACT ANY OF THE TEACHERS BELOW FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS. IT IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT WE HAVE LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN FOR UPDATES, ASSIGNMENTS DUE, OFFICE HOURS, TUTORING, AND ONE ON ONE OR SMALL GROUP HELP.
Expectations for Students and Teachers:
- Students and teachers are expected to check their NCSU and WCPSS emails and Remind text messages daily for updates, adjusted schedules for the day, and communication with each other to answer any questions or concerns.
- Students are expected to turn in assigned work in Google classroom, the NCSU moodle and through attachments to emails.
- Teachers are expected to assign work that will give the students enough time to turn in work for various high school subjects as well as their NCSU classes.
- Teachers will be available during office hours for more direct one on one help on their assigned work.
- Students and teachers are expected to adhere and meet all NC curriculum standards and goals in their high school subjects.
- Teachers will be aware and make any adjustments to serve all our students and treat them as individuals acknwelkdiging our diverse student population and understanding and accommodating their particular needs.
Online Learning-Lecture/review videos uploaded on Youtube at least three times a week or more. Students are expected to watch and listen and are encouraged to comment and ask questions during office hours and through email and text messaging. These videos will accompany APUSH classroom assignments. Some Assignments and additional educational materials are posted on my NCSU moodle at https://moodle-projects.wolfware.ncsu.edu/course/view.php?id=6052#section-0
Office hours- 11th Monday and Tuesday 9:00-10:00, 12th Wednesday 9:00-10:00 and I am generally available Mon-Thursday 7:00-12:00
Communication-Email, google meet, and remind text messaging.
11th Honors Biology and Engineering Design
Online Learning: All notes and assignments will be posted each week on Monday on Google Classroom, as well as a suggested pacing guide for the week. All assignments will be due on Fridays. We have 2 units left to complete in the course: Evolution and Ecology. Each unit has been subdivided into major concepts, each with their own notes set. Each set of notes will include interactive slides via Pear Deck, as well as links to supplemental videos on the “Helpful Resources” slide. Students are expected to utilize all materials that are posted on GC, as well as participate in Office Hour tutoring (as needed) in order to best understand the content.
Office Hours - Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Communication: Email, Zoom or Google Hangouts, and Remind
11th Honors English
Online Learning: Google Classroom sites for both classes. English units organized around novel study with vocabulary, literary and comprehension skills as well as pacing guides and video lessons to promote comprehension. Assignments will have a variety of due dates according to type of assessment; due dates will be posted at least a week ahead on google calendar and sent through Remind. Units will include projects (PBL) that can be completed with remote group work or individually; students may choose how to complete projects (ie group or individual with modified requirements). Projects units are posted in google classroom and include entry docs, online resources, pacing guides, checkpoints, templates, and tools for completion. Units of study will focus on The Great Gatsby and The Jungle for English.
Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday 10:00 - 11:00; Available by Remind and email daily 9:00 - 3:00
Communication: Email, Remind, Google Classroom Blog
Online Learning- I will continue test review sessions and homework help sessions utilizing Zoom. And I will continue to provide extra practice problems through email. Students may also request individual or group help sessions any time. Zoom and a whiteboard have been effective this week.
Communication: Email, Zoom
Parents: We sincerely are thankful for your cooperation, patience, and accomodations during this exceptional time. We welcome your contact with us for any questions or concerns you have in regards to these expectations and times.
11th grade STEM Teachers
Ms. Overdiep Assistant Principal email@example.com
Mr. Branch Principal firstname.lastname@example.org