Dear Wake STEM Family,
The 10th grade teachers really miss seeing everyone and cannot wait to continue working with our students!
On Monday, March 30th, we will begin the delivery of our online content and will continue our remote learning instruction until Friday, May 15th unless otherwise directed.
Below are the expectations that the 10th grade teachers have for all students so learning continues and students will be successful in our remote learning environment.
- Students should access each teacher’s course a minimum of 3 days each week.
- Students should check their WCPSS email each day (M-F).
- Students should make adequate weekly progress in all of their courses.
- Students should include their name on all submissions (including Padlet responses, discussion forums, etc.)
- Students should email their teachers using their WCPSS email if they have questions that need to be answered before the next scheduled office hours.
- Students should utilize teachers’ office hours when they have questions, need additional support, or if they just want to connect with teachers and their classmates.
We have a variety of platforms and educational resources but most importantly, we have individual office hours to ensure that our students are successful and continue to be a part of the Wake STEM community.
Office hours might include but aren’t limited to synchronous teaching, Zoom meetings, one-on-one tutoring, peer-tutoring, class discussions, or just a way to connect with your teachers and your classmates. Teachers who choose to use synchronous teaching or Zoom meetings will be using the Zoom platform provided by NCSU, and they will record these lessons or meetings so students can access them at any time.
We are committed to being readily available for our students and will provide feedback to student inquiries within one business day. Below is a schedule of our individual office hours. Some teachers’ names are linked to their Zoom meeting room.
10am - 11am
11am - 12pm
12pm - 1pm
1pm - 2pm
Mrs. Gibbons All Math Classes
Mrs. Gibbons &
Ms. Roche 10th Grade Math 3
We also wanted to specify which platform each teacher is using as we transition to remote learning. Students are quite familiar with most of these platforms as we have already been utilizing them this school year. Click here to see each teacher’s platform along with additional specifics regarding office hours.
We ask that parents and students continue to communicate with us in our new remote learning environment. Working together will ensure our students’ success and will keep the Wake STEM community strong.
All the best,
The Wake STEM 10th Grade Team
Mrs. Baldwin firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Branch, Principal email@example.com
Mrs. Gibbons, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Johnson, email@example.com
Mr. Lockamy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Lupher, email@example.com
Mrs. Overdiep, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Roche, email@example.com