Please do not call with schedule change requests or questions. We are working hard to prepare for the school year, and your following of the process below will help us out tremendously!
Students will be able to pick up hard copies of their schedules and walk the building on Aug. 23 from 1:00-3:00pm. Students who cannot come on Aug. 23 will receive a hard copy of their schedule in 1st period on Aug. 26.
Students may submit their schedule change requests using the online form from August 22 through August 28 to request a schedule change. Students will receive a response regarding their request before September 10.
Due to the volume of requests our Student Services team recieves, we ask that you submit your request only once, and that you submit your request using the online form. Requests made via phone or email may not be processed. Submitting your request more than once may slow down response time.
- Only students can submit the schedule change request form; students will need to be logged in through the WakeID portal to be able to access the form
- The form only allows one response per person, please submit wisely
The following information was made available to students during registration in Spring 2019 and was posted on the RHS website at that time:
Once course selections are made, schedule change requests will only be made for the following reasons:
- A student wants to increase rigor (moving from an Academic course to Honors course or an Honors course to an AP course)
- A student is scheduled for a course they have previously passed, a student is missing a course needed to graduate (this only applies to Seniors)
- A student has an incomplete schedule (holes in schedules will be filled with courses selected during the registration process OR classes with available space at the time of the request)
- A student is scheduled for the same course twice, or a student has a schedule with a sequencing issue (i.e. scheduled for Spanish II before Spanish I - in this case the scheduling issue will be fixed, but the student will not be able to select new courses).
Students WILL NOT be able to change their schedule because they no longer wish to take a course they requested, they prefer to have a different teacher, or because they received a course that was not one of their top choices. Requests made for any reason other than those outlined above will not be approved.