BYOD AT PLEASANT UNION
The BYOD initiative at Pleasant Union Elementary School involves students, teachers, parents and administrators working together to create a technologically advanced learning environment that allows students to enhance their critical thinking, creativity, communication and collaboration.
Components of our BYOD program:
- Teachers plan and implement rigorous and engaging activities that support the curriculum.
- Students use kid-safe search engines, educational apps and Internet sites via links on our PUE Student Weblinks and teachers' websites.
- Teachers monitor students' usage of devices closely.
- Teachers teach Internet Safety and anti-bullying lessons.
- To ensure that all students will have equal access to technology, staff will provide school-owned devices (iPads and laptops) to students without BYOD devices.
The initiative is a privilege for students, not a right.