Heritage High School Attendance PolicyComing to school every day, ready to learn, is important for your child's success -- and it's required by state law for children between the ages of 7 and 16.
Excused absences include:
- illness or injury
- a death in the family
- health care appointments
- court appearances
- religious observance
- natural disasters
- outside educational opportunities (please see Mrs. Wood in attendance or access the form here)
You'll need to provide a note within two days of your child's return to school or the absences will be recorded as unexcused. Your principal or teachers will notify you if there are three or more unexcused absences, and will work with you and your child if there is a concern that absences are becoming excessive.
Your child will need to make up all work he or she missed, as scheduled by the teacher.For more information, review Board Policy 4400: Attendance.
Tardy PolicyStudents who are late to class MUST attain a tardy note from a teacher located in the “sweeper stations”. Consequences for being tardy are listed below.
Freshmen and Sophomores
- 5 tardies = 1 week of lunch detention
- 10 tardies = 2 weeks of lunch detention
- 15 tardies = 2 weeks of lunch detention
- 20 tardies = 2 days ISS + 1 week of lunch detention
Juniors and Seniors
If student does not have a lunch pass, they will follow freshmen and sophomore consequences.
- 5 tardies = 1 week loss of off-campus pass
- 10 tardies = 2 weeks loss of off-campus pass
- 15 tardies = 1 month loss of off-campus pass
- 20 tardies = Loss of pass for the semester (or one more month, whichever is longer)
SENIORS ONLY… If you receive more than 15 tardies, you will NOT be eligible for exam exemption.