Leadership and World Languages (K-5)Students have daily instruction in either Mandarin Chinese or Spanish. Research shows that students who intensively study another language have better academic outcomes in other courses. Using Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, students learn and practice integrity, initiative, work ethic, cooperation, confidence, and community service. Offered at Green Magnet Elementary School.
What is the focus of our magnet program?Our magnet program focuses on leadership and world languages as a vital component in every student's education. Our goal is to unleash each child's full potential as a leader and a well-rounded global citizen. Students have daily instruction in either Mandarin Chinese or Spanish. Using Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, students learn and practice integrity, initiative, work ethic, cooperation, confidence, and service to the community.
What Happens at Green?At Green Leadership and World Languages Elementary School, students embrace and demonstrate the leader in themselves, as they learn and implement the 7 habits outlined in The Leader in Me text by the late Dr. Stephen R. Covey.The Green community displays these characteristics consistently in text and action, to encourage a culture which fosters leadership and relationships skills for a 21st century society. Our students use collaboration, communication, critical thinking, problem solving and technology to facilitate learning about the world and to communicate across cultures. Students are taught to L.E.A.D (Learn, Encourage, Achieve, Discover). This component of our magnet helps to bring out the leader in each of our students. As students realize the leader in themselves, they help others to do the same.Green Leadership and World Languages Magnet Elementary School offers a complete education to students K-5 in preparation for success in a global world. Currently representing 30 different cultures, the diversity of our school provides daily opportunities for our students to be global citizens.All students receive daily foreign language instruction in Spanish or Mandarin Chinese, from Kindergarten to Fifth Grade. Instruction in a language other than a student's native language supports the Common Core curriculum by improving memory, listening ability, creativity, and critical thinking. These skills equip students to be active, productive, and successful citizens in a global society.
Upcoming Events and Info
Explore all magnet programs, early college schools and the year-round calendar in one location. Find magnet school options for your address located here.
- Date: October 26, 2019
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Panther Creek HS, 6770 McKrimmon Parkway, Cary, NC 27519
- Email: email@example.com
Magnet Parent Information SessionsGeneral information sessions about all magnet themes, early colleges, and year-round calendar, along with info about the application and selection process.
- September 4, October 2, November 6, December 4, January 8
- Location: Crossroads I, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518
- Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore all magnet elementary programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 14, 9:30-11:00 at Mills Park Elementary, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- December 11, 9:30-11:00 at Scotts Ridge Elementary, 6601 Apex Barbecue Rd., Apex, NC 27502
- January 8, 9:30-11:00 at North Forest Pines Elementary , 11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- January 15, 9:30-11:00 at Brier Creek Elementary, 9801 Brier Creek Pkwy., Raleigh, NC 27617
Magnet Middle School Evening Mini Fairs
Explore all magnet middle school programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 12, 6p-7:30p - North Forest Pines ES,11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- December 10, 6p-7:30p - Mills Park ES, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- January 8, 6p-7:30p - Holly Grove ES, 1451 Avent Ferry Rd., Holly Springs, NC