The K-Kids club is a service learning club at Pleasant Union. It's members consist of 4th and 5th graders and the club's motto is "we build leaders."
Here is a list of some activities that the club has done.
- We Sponsored a red ribbon week that taught kids about the dangers of drugs
- We sponsored Character Critters where the kids dress up like “characters” and read books to the younger students
- We made sure that Character Ed picked character bees of the week and delivered prizes to our winners.
- We sponsored the Character Ed scavenger hunt last year
- We collected shoes to donate to the homeless in Wake County
- We went trick –or– treating for UNICEF
- We collected and distributed over 80 “Giggle Bags” to brighten up the day of homeless children at the Raleigh Rescue Mission.
- We sold “Valentine Grams” to raise money for Smile Train.
- We made and sold bracelets for a donation to the “The Invisible Children Project”.
- We had a food drive and collected food to give to some of our Pleasant Union families and to Wake Relief.
- We had a "Giving Tree Project" at Christmas time.
- We collected money for the American Red Cross to help tornado victims.
- We donated food for the track out packs.
- We made donations to "Operation Military Kids
- We raised over $5000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
In addition, our members did various "good deed projects" to help our their neighborhoods, communities, and families. Contact the school counselor, Ms. Schreier, with questions.