The Science Gallery is scheduled for Thursday, April 20, 2023 during school hours AND after school from 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. The Science Gallery is open to ALL grades (K-5). All classes will visit the Science Gallery during the school day, without the Science Gallery participant present, as it will be all day.
There will also be evening Science Gallery hours this year. Parents are encouraged to visit the Science Gallery during the day or evening.
Student Criteria Summary for Science Gallery Projects
- Projects should relate to a topic students will learn about in science this year. (Grade level topic lists will be in the Science Gallery Instruction Packet provided after receiving registration forms.)
- Projects should follow the Scientific Method. Avoid researching a topic. We want to see you investigate/test a concept!
- The Science Gallery projects are individual projects. No team projects permitted.
- Projects must be completed at home, i.e. NOT during school hours.
- Adults can help! We want adults involved and monitoring. However, we do NOT want them to do the project for you.
- No demonstrations allowed (no volcanoes erupting, etc.).
- Your project must include a display or poster (tri-fold boards have been used in the past)
Drop Off & Pick Up of Projects Drop off completed projects at school on the morning of April 20th between 8:00 a.m. and 8:25 a.m. Take the project directly to the cafeteria.
Take projects home after the evening Science Gallery OR your student can pick up projects in their classroom on the following school day, Monday, April 24, 2023. Need help with supplies?
The PTA will provide qualifying students in need with Science Gallery materials and/or trifold boards. Questions? Please contact Amy at: Amy.Horst@hotmail.com