Magnet Benefits at Douglas
- Engaging instructional strategies that enhance learning for ALL students.
- Better attendance for students and teachers as well as fewer disciplinary problems.
- Development of a creative school culture that benefits all groups of students regardless of cognitive development, ethnicity or socioeconomic status.
- Stronger organizational capacity and shared leadership across the school.
- Richer parent/guardian involvement and community engagement.
- Enriched arts-based academic learning environment with multiple ways for students to demonstrate understanding.
- Growth in achievement measures at a level equal to or greater than other schools across the state without sacrificing a balanced curriculum that includes all disciplines.